Monday, November 15, 2010

Another Christmas Tree

I love Thanksgiving and Christmas! To me, Christmas starts on Thanksgiving Day and the whole next month is just magical. When my children were all little we would start putting the Christmas tree and all the decorations up on Thanksgiving night while watching and singing to Mary Poppins or The Sound of Music. One of those two movies are always on that evening and I'll be honest, I was the one singing. They played along with me and pretended to watch it.

Sometime during the middle of the night I woke up and thought I should make something using sheet music. I really wish these ideas would let me sleep and come to me when I'm awake. So this morning I found a frame and the music to O Christmas Tree. Now I needed a little tree. Found the fabric, started cutting and sewing and here's what I came up with.


I took some of my coffee I was drinking and stained the page before I framed it.


I know I really don't need any more crap decorations sitting around, but I sure love making it!

10 more days until Thanksgiving!!

No comments: