Monday, November 29, 2010

Recycled Shutters

First off I have to say, these pictures are BAD! I might even get kicked out of blog world over these bad pictures! Here's my excuse. For the past 3 days I have worked my butt heart out getting 5 Advent Calendars done before Dec.1 and yes, I did it! I wanted to post today and pulled these pictures out and well, you'll see, they're bad.

I know it's hard to tell but that is a shutter Greg replaced on someones house (if you are the old owner of this shutter, too bad). When Krissi moved to her new house I thought the girls needed a little something to hang their masterpieces on.

I painted one side of it with chalkboard paint.

Mod-podged paper to the other side and covered clothespins that I glued to it.

I cut out the letters and mod-podged them on and made some fabric flowers.

Hope you get the idea. I did one for Jalynn and I'll get better pictures of it to show you. By the way, do you notice the JoAnn's coupon hanging there? That's for me!


andiejaye said...

this is REALLY cute! i love the idea of recycling "previously loved" items and turning them into something else...currently looking for an old door for a headboard. you've got a new follower in me too!

Michael Wu said...

I love this post i have been thinking what can I do with my old shutters that are stuck in the spare room now after seeing this article I know exactly what Im going to do I love plantation shutters with style and those painted shutters with the bunny look fantastic thank you for sharing.