Monday, December 20, 2010

My Kind of Exercise!

I saw an idea of an Exercise Block here at Somewhat Simple and knew I had to make one! I thought that it would be even funnier if it were a candy dish. I ran off to Hobby Lobby and found a block of wood that had a lid. Once again, score!

I brought the little jewel home and stained it and then Mod-Podged it with some pretty paper. Now let the fun begin.


I got to bring out the stamper set that I ordered from Harbor Freight last summer when Greg thought I had lost my mind. I told him I could do something good with it and needed it and could he find me some washers. I stamped "candy" on them. I'm going to devote a whole post on what I used to help me hammer them. Nobody will be believe it! I know, that's a shameless plug to get you to come back.


I tied the washer with twine to my box.


Printed off the saying on scrapbook paper and mod-podged it to the top.


Then I made up my own saying for the inside and added candy!









I had so much fun making this that there will probably be 10 more in my house sitting around.

I linked to:


17 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Yours is so stinkin cute! I love the idea of a candy box! I am going to link this page to my "inspired by" page where I show off readers creations that they got from my site the next time I update it. Good job! Have a Merry Christmas!

ghornets70 said...

Wow! This is just the New Years Resolution I've been looking for! I can do This. Luv ya!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

That is adorable, and such a fun idea. YUM, I love those little treats. Thanks for joining my party, please add my link! Thanks...

Amanda said...

This is to funny! Don't think hubby will by this as my excercise but worth a try! Thanks for sharing, I hopped over from Debbiedoos

Chris said...

This is so cute! Found you through Debbies newbie party. I am a new follower. I would love if you would come by and check out my blog @ http://usandthem1971.blogspot.com . I am going to add this block to my "to do" list. :) Chris

Donnie said...

Had to read that to hubby. So cute.

Grannys Attic said...

To cute! What a fun idea! That's my kind of exercise! Have a great week, Vicky

Michelle said...

Super Cute! Found you through Debbie Doo's.
Michelle

AmieAnn said...

This is awesome! I will have to make one for my mom who HATES exercise! THanks soo much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

AshTreeCottage said...

You funny girl you! How cute. Welcome newbie. I am your newest follower. Stop by and see me sometime!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Theresa said...

I love that box! I just may have to make one myself! :) found you on Debbies newbie party! :) I am your newest follower!

Babbs said...

That's adorable, I love it, and I need one!!! :) Hello I am visiting from Debbie's newbie party and I am your newest follower!!! :)

Nicole said...

That sounds like my kind of exercise too! yum

Allyson Pecilunas said...

How cute!! Can I have a treat please? :) I am your newest follower. Come check me out if you get a chance.

Noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

The candy inside makes it MUCH better!

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

haha this is hilarious! I love it! Thank you so much for linking up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com (p.s. did you enter my giveaway for handstamped jewelry? It ends the 4th :)

Marianne said...

This is too funny. I really need one of these for myself. Thank you for sharing.