Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Recycled Window

I love old windows and I'm so lucky that Greg replaces old windows and it's like Christmas every time he comes home with the ones he replaced. Some are the original wood and some are painted. That's half the fun, finding fabric to match the frame.



Then I get with my best friend, Google, and find quotes that I love.




I sew muslin and the fabric together and hand embroider the saying. The really fun part is taking my coffee I'm still getting jittery on and start staining away. If I were a patient girl, I would just let it dry naturally. I can't wait to see how it's going to look so I always bring out the blow dryer to speed up the process. Little things make me happy, like watching coffee dry on fabric.



These windows make me happy and I'm going to try and start doing at least 2 or 3 of them a month starting in January. I have all of you as witnesses, so I have to stick to this goal. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

ghornets70 said...

Nice display! I got alot more justa waitin. GOOD LUCK SELLING! Luv Ya!

Shabby Soul said...

Your windows are so cute! I have a stack of them I have been wanting to work on, too! I saw one last year where someone painted on the glass...

Tina said...

I hopped over from Fantabulous Friday. Glad I did. I've enjoyed your blog and will be back to read more! (Love your header!)