Monday, January 31, 2011

Journal/Doodle Case

I made something like this for Jalynn for Christmas. I didn't take any pictures then because I was finishing it up on Christmas Eve. Another reason is because if I make something, my poor family gets the first one with all the trials and errors! Sorry family, what can I say? You are all my scapegoats, that sounds better than test rats. Anyway, here's what I did.





That's the outside holder. I machine quilted the outside.



On the inside are two fabric quilted spiral notebooks.



One pocket holds the journal spiral and the other holds the doodle spiral. You know, there might be days that you just want to doodle.



I made a pocket on one side for colored pencils and pens and the other side for journal ideas.



I searched Google (another one of my friends) and found a bunch of journal questions from different places. Printed them on cloud paper and mod-podged them to the tags. By the way, get it? Cloud paper, dreaming, thinking. That was my ah-ha moment at Hobby Lobby.



I did that to both sides so there would be more questions.





Jalynn, I owe you a new one! I'm starting to get this down now.

I'm linking to:
Keeping It Simple

mmm button





Sumo Sweet Stuff



handmade projects
















































NightOwlCrafting


giveaways



Beyond The Picket Fence

Photobucket

br />Photobucket









  
  

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow! What a great project. You did a fantastic job. I've been looking for ways to make notebook covers, this is great inspiration! I found you through Made By You Mondays and am now a follower.

Melanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com

Shore Girl said...

What a pretty project. I've been looking for something like this for my daughter who loves to draw and write. I might have to try one of these!

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Now that is creative and so cute! Thanks for joining in on the newbie party...welcome, and have fun making some new friends!!~ XO

Lynda said...

Neat idea!!

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

cute cute cute! Would love for you to come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

The Treasurista said...

Great Idea! Thanks for linking up. Make sure to come enter contest to win a pair of DownEast Basic jeans this week.

http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/2011/02/treasure-chest-giveaway_18.html

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

My daughter would adore this! Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picking Fence.