Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dolly Bunk Bed

When Krissi was 2 (29 years ago), my dad made this bunk bed for her babies out of walnut.



It's now been passed on to her girls, Triniti and Tierni. My mom had made mattresses, pillows, and quilts for it, but we can't find them. I know I packed them away somewhere safe to save them, just haven't figured out where yet. So I went to work on it.



I made the mattresses and pillows out of an old crib bumper pad.



Isn't that fabric cute? Love it!



The blanket is fleece and flannel. I love pink.



I think this is going to work.



Jordyn saw it and loved that soft fleece and said her babies need a blanket, too. Off to make more. By the way, if Greg doesn't ever let me play with power tools, we may never know if I might have Daddy's woodworking talent.

5 comments:

Amelia@SavoryandSweet said...

What a cute makeover...I love Miss Kitty.:)
Have a great weekend!

Paula said...

It's wonderful that your granddaughters have this heirloom to play with and that you were able to make cute bedding for it, too. Love it!

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

What a treasure to have! Those are the most special toys. I still have a doll my mom made for me and a dog my grandparents me when I was little.

Andrea said...

This is a cute idea - my daughter is really into her dolls right now and laying them out on books in her room...maybe I should get busy making one of these! I'm your newest follower! Feel free to come visit me at www.Addicted2Tutes.blogspot.com

The Paxton Family said...

Those are gorgeous! I love it when Grandpa's/Dad's make homemade things like that for their little girls!
And I really REALLY love the blankets and pillows! The pink against the dark wood is so sweet!