Monday, February 28, 2011

What a Week I Had!

I had such an awesome time last week! On Tuesday, I received this:



It's the Versitile Blogger Award! I couldn't believe it! Anne from Wobi Sobi passed it on to me. She has a fabulous blog, be sure to go visit her. Thank you so much, Anne!

Here are the rules.
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award and let the giver know you accept the award.

This was the hard part for me, talking about myself!

1. My favorite color is blue.

2. February and March is a hard time of year for me. My Daddy and Mom died in these months, 13 and 8 years ago. I still miss them horribly. I just know they are in Heaven looking down and so proud (and probably shocked) that I'm doing this blog.

3. I would rather all the kids and grandkids just come over and hang out with us than going out anywhere! I love when we're all together.

4. If I ever win the lottery, I'm taking the whole family to Maui. Greg and I went there for our 30th wedding anniversary and had the time of our lives. Everyone should visit there at least once in their lives.

5. Which leads me to this little fact. I didn't name my blog, Greg did. He nicknamed me Princess when we were in Maui. Actually, when you're in Maui, everyone is a Princess! Well, the girls, at least.

6. I wake up early every morning. Sometimes that's great and other times I hate it. I cannot sleep past 5 as much as I would like to. Please don't tell me it's old age.

7. I love Greg more than life itself, but I have one little thing that he does that drives me crazy! Sometimes during the night when he can't sleep, he gets up to eat ice cream. That's fine, and I never hear him get up, but the next morning I always know he's been to the kitchen. You see, when he starts digging in the freezer, anything in his way gets put on top of the refrigerator and forgets about it! I get to find it there (thawed) the next morning. Lovely, huh?

Okay, now for the easy part. I'm passing this award on to these lovely ladies and their fabulous blogs!


Then just when I thought things couldn't get much better, I was featured on Child Made, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Sassy Site's and Keeping It Simple! I know it sounds crazy, but I felt like Sally Field in her acceptance speech when she won the Oscar. You like me! You really like me! Now I can put their buttons on my side bar. Thank you again, Sheri, Sumo, Marni, and Kaysi!

10 comments:

Amelia@SavoryandSweet said...

Thanks so much for the award Terri! What a great way to start my day. :)

Shore Girl said...

Aww! How sweet of you to pass it on to me! Thank you so much! Taking a little time to check out you links -- I love finding new exciting places to "visit!"

Melanie said...

Hi Terri! Thank you so much for the award, but I've already had this one! Have a great day!

Melanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com

Tara said...

hi terri ,
thanks for the award. i am working on getting the questions asked and picking my 15. i am not sure how to get the button over to my blog besides the highlight,cut and paste method. any suggestions?
thanks,
tara

Nicole said...

Congrats on your award, and all your features!

Theresa said...

Awww Terry...thanks for passing the Versatile Blogger Award on to me...I'm flattered! I'm working on my post and I'll link back when I do.
Thanks again!
Cheers!

Theresa said...

I apologize...that's Terri...not Terry:)

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Thanks so much for the award Terri! :D I'll have to think of some good facts to share... Promise I'll do it this week! <3

Prairie Patch said...

Terri,

Thanks so much for the award. :)

I finally picked out my 15. I wish I could've picked you, but I figured those were against the rules - lol!

Cheers,
Tracy

Christine said...

Congrats on your award! I am so sorry for not responding sooner, I feel bad....I don't play along on these but I do hope that you enjoy the shout out that I gave for you on my page.
http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/03/big-thank-you-to-terri-at-creative.html