Friday, April 8, 2011

Casserole Carrier

I guess that's what it's called. I've never owned one before. A friend of mine had one that was her mom's and worn out and ask if I could make her a new one. She gave me the old one, but it had ribbon for ties and a thin wood piece in the bottom. Since I'm not allowed to use power tools (because of the little finger incident), I had to come up with something else.


To make it sturdy without the wood, I machine quilted the outside fabric.
Everybody, tell Greg he makes a lovely hand model!





I used Velcro instead of ribbon for the sides that fold in and made 2 pockets to hold utensils.




I don't think it turned out too bad, considering I had no idea what I was doing!

It's Friday!!!

5 comments:

Valerie @ My-2-cents said...

I am a new follower from the Boost my Blog Friday hop.

http://my-2-cents.blogspot.com/
Please visit and follow me back.
Have a great weekend. ;-)

Jessica said...

Cute project! I'm a new follower from Free For All Friday. :)

TanyasTreasureTrove said...

Hi! I'm following you from B.M.B.F!
I hope you visit me and return the
follow:0)

Michelle said...

Turned out great! Good job!

TexaGermaNadian said...

Really love this idea, and never seen one before (yes I live under a rock, lol). It could be so handy. Thanks for sharing!
Stopped over from Fab Friends Friday :)
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/