Friday, April 1, 2011

Pat the Bunny

This is Pat.


Pat didn't start like that.


I found a bunny coloring page and traced it on Muslin. I then layered muslin, batting, sticky magnets, and the traced bunny all together.


I sewed around on the bunny I drew and then cut close to the stitching.
By the way, somebody needs a new ironing board cover!!!


Painted a little face on.


Okay, we can't have a naked bunny so I used paint samples to make the clothes.


I put magnets on the back of all the pieces of clothes to stick to the magnets I had sewn in the bunny.


We need a place to live now.



This is where the whole idea came from. I wanted to make a purse out of that Pat the Bunny book and as I was thinking about it, I decided it needed a bunny to put in it.



I used fabric and ribbon to make it. I wasn't sure how it would come out, so I didn't take any pictures.
I'm going to make a few more and will post about how I did it later. Super easy!



Click HERE to see where I'll be linking to this week.

18 comments:

Katherines Corner said...

Oh sooo sweet. Pat is adorable. Hugs and happy Friday

jill.galario said...

Hello, your blog is awesome! A new follower here, via the blog hop. Here's my blog site, drop by anytime!:)
http://randomramblings-andamomof1.blogspot.com/

Cranberry Morning said...

What a cute and clever idea!!!

Idiosyncrasy +DTRW... said...

very nice i like it ...great idea...

Pamela said...

You have creativity just over flowing. Your brain must never sleep. This is just so adorable. Can't wait to read how you made the purse. But I can get started with the bunny. I have a granddaughter who is going to love, love this project.

Meryl said...

What a beautiful bag and bunny. I've seen bags like this in craft shows, and you can actually make a nice bit of money with them.

Glad I blog hopped by!
Meryl
http://departingthetext.blogspot.com

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

Too cute!!! Love the outfits!

Pam said...

That is such an adorable bunny! Great job!

Pam

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Cute idea! Thanks for joining my newbie party. Have fun.

emilysnan said...

hiya , i love him, he is soooo cute you made it look so simple to so i will have to try it out, ps i love the use of the paint chips for clothes very inventive indeed x tfs
xmaggiex

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Oh my goodness how cute is that!? What a great idea.
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Daniella said...

I LOVED Pat the Bunny!! I read it to my kids many moons ago!! I have it saved with their momentos.

My little one, age 11, needed a tooth fairy pillow, and I didn't have time to get one from a magazine like I did for my oldest. SO, I got some felt, and a froog pattern, and I made him one similar to your pat the bunny. Of course, mine wasn't half as good!! But felt items like these end up being keepsakes! You do wonderful work!!
xxdaniella

MamaMonki said...

I'll be watching for the purse book how to. This would be a terrific Easter gift idea for my nieces. Stopping by from Debbie's party. I'm following you now.

scody said...

This is SO cute! My and a group of moms are making toddler activity bags so this might have to be my activity! But I'm going to browse around your blog and see if there is anything else that I could manage to do in a short time!
Thanks!
http://mamabubbles.blogspot.com

Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations said...

How fun! What a creative idea. Thanks for stopping by and linking, have a wonderful weekend!

Jaimee said...

WOW!! This is so creative and cute it about knocked me off my chair!!! Good work! I'm going to share it on my crafty FB page : )
craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

What a great idea! I'll be linking on Thursday--Please stop by! ;)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I saw your project featured on She Wears Flowers and wanted to drop by. I really would like to find out how you made your book purse. I have my childhood copy of that book, it was one of my favourites.