Friday, May 6, 2011

A Dolly Bed

This was Jordyn's Easter Basket.


She found that fleece back in my craft room a long time ago and has been asking me to make her dollies a blanket or some type of bed with it. I've been thinking about what I wanted to do for her.



I found this basket at Hobby Lobby before Easter. It was marked down to $2.00 because the handle was broke off. Score!!!



I used ribbon for handles that I glued to the bottom and up the sides.



Then I glued batting to the inside of the basket. I used Aleene's Tacky Spray Glue. I've never tried it before but now that I have, I love it!



I used that cute pink fabric and ironed the edges over first and then hot glued it to the edges.



Then I hot glued it in the creases and on the bottom.



I made a mattress for the bottom and a pillow and blanket out of the fleece.



I also added a fabric flower to cover up where the handle had been.
Easter was that Sunday, so I filled it with all her Easter goodies.

 Jordyn loved it! Thank you, Hobby Lobby, for your 90% off aisle!

Here is where I'll be partying this week.



21 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG!! HOW ADORABLE!! I love this!

Visiting from the Boost your Blog Friday Blog Hop. I love your site! I will be bookmarking it to come back later. I've added your button to My Button Collection page. Hope you'll stop by and look around.


Kelly
Coupons, Crafts and Causes
Indiana Inker

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh, isn't that perfect for a dollie bed! How sweet! :-)

Jeannette said...

So very cute! You are so talented! Thanks for joining the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop - I'm following you now! I hope you will join up with us every weekend and I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Jeannette

Dee said...

This idea is fantastic! I love the dollie bed.

Dee

Sarah said...

I had a bed for my dolls JUST like this when I was a kid!! I loved it - it was always next to my bed with me! Great job - the idea is fantastic and you did so good on it!

Posh said...

Stopping by to say hello and to follow.
have a great day!
POSH
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/05/happy-weekend-6.html

Shelby said...

Found you on the friday blog hop and am a new follower. would love for you to check out my new blog and follow back. Have a great weekend.

http://thesnailmomchronicles.blogspot.com/

chubskulit said...

That's very creative.


Following from the hop. Hope you can follow me back at Obstacles & Glories

Jennifer Vanzant said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment and follow! I'm following you bac I love your Blog and you are so creative!! Looking forward to reading more!!

ReadyOrNot said...

Visiting from Boost My Blog Friday! Love your creative ideas!

OhioMomPatriot said...

I love unconventional Easter baskets! This is great! Thanks for sharing!

Adriana said...

Adorable! My daughter would love this! Stopping by from Tip Junkie.

Tammy said...

This absolutely adorable! Great job! Your newest follower.

Rebekah said...

Oh my, that is so lovely.

Anne Maskell said...

Great job! I'm sure your daughter loves it!

Trisha said...

So sweet! I could totally see my daughter loving this :) Great idea!

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Oh how cute! Your daughter has good taste in fleece ;) hehe! Thanks for linking this up! xx

Sarah @ Sarahndipities said...

This is absolutely darling! I need to make a couple of these for my girls! Thanks for sharing at Make Something Mondays! I've featured you today! Come take a peek!

http://sarahndipities.blogspot.com/2011/05/make-something-monday-link-party-11.html

~ Sarah

Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. :)

To Sew With Love said...

so cute! I am sure your little one loved it! It's so pretty, TSWL readers picked it as this week's finest! We will feature your project this Saturday and votation will start on the same day and will run for one week. Good luck and grab the featured button if you fancy doing so ^^)

Daniel & Hope said...

Very cute, did the same thing a "few" years ago with a nice market basket! :)