Monday, May 23, 2011

Fun With Liquor Bottles

And I don't mean drinking the liquor. Although I guess you could if you wanted!

Since I started my blog, my secret that I'm a hoarder crafter is out. Everybody I know saves me their little "treasures". A friend of ours is a bartender at The Elks Lodge where Greg belongs. We went by there the other day and she had empty liquor bottles that she had saved for me.


That was the first bottle that I used to make a vase of flowers.



I used this from Michael's. It was so easy, no melting, just pour it in the vase.



As it started to harden, I added the silk flowers and used the clothespin to stabilize it.



I added jute around the top and set it next to my favorite plate. I love that saying!



She gave me two of these bottles. Aren't they awesome? Look at that cork! I've got to figure out something to do with it. Any ideas?



For this bottle, I put glass beads (or whatever they're called) inside of it.



I ran to Home Depot and bought (yes, actually bought) a light kit. I needed the light kit that you didn't have to drill a hole in the bottom of the bottle. This one worked out perfect.

If you think of anything I can do with the cork, please let me know. So far, I have 2 of them.

10 comments:

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀ said...

I love the jute with the flowers in the bottle. Of course I'm going to copy this project.
Love-love the lamp idea. The cork is so cool!

Dee

About JollyJilly said...

Hi returning the follow from jollyjillys. Love your blog so nice to meet another crafter and in my age range lol

Terry said...

Hmm,...wish I had an idea for the cork, it is awesome. I really like the flower arrangement. The flowers are particularly nice and they just look fabulous with the interesting bottle and jute.

Mrs. No-No said...

Wow - so creative! :)
I'm following you from the BlogHop. Come by and visit when you have time! :)
Carla aka Mrs. NoNo
Carla at Mrs. NoNo Knows
www.twitter.com/mrsnonoknows
www.facebook.com/mrsnonoknows

Cranberry Morning said...

Glad you explained that post title! ;-) You've got some great ideas, including the cord on the bottle neck!

I have a great old sulfuric acid bottle from a chemistry lab. I keep it on a shelf just because it's such a cool bottle.

Rob Feckler said...

That seems like fun! It would be a waste to let those liquor bottles, or any bottle for that matter, go to waste. There's a ton of opportunities to add some extra touches here and there, since there are bottles of different size, shape and color.

Rob

Lu said...

The cork looks like it would fit nicely in a candlestick, a grouping of them with the cork accented, or I am envisioning 5 small or staggered sizes in a row with three candles and two horses in-between??? just popped into my head thinking it would look nice on my mantle as a centerpiece. Good luck! LU

Ag.perdew said...

I grabbed your button and am going to put it on my sidebar. You just became my newest favorite go to blog!

Krystie said...

The vase bottle looks really pretty! The twine makes a nice touch.

Alice Emma Thompson said...

The flowers looks so pretty Terri - we're linking up posts on flowers this week at Empty Your Archive, which is the blog party for fab old posts. Would love to see you there, Alice @ Mums Make Lists

http://mumsmakelists.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/empty-your-archive-22.html