Monday, May 2, 2011

The Iron Crafter

 

I was so excited when I saw the secret ingredient for this round of The Iron Crafter was vinyl and I knew exactly what I was going to make.


I had a vinyl black shutter and painted the bottom half.



I painted it the same way I did the Bunny Shutter, just lightly so the black shows through.



I made another sunflower like I did on my wallhanging.



Then I made two little sunflower yo-yo's (using a round cardboard coaster on the inside).



We bought new dishes last week and this is what all the bowls were packed with.
Perfect!


I mod-podged paper to one side. I left the edges raw because I liked the look.


I painted some thin dowels green and then hot-glued everything on.


I used my Cricut to cut the lettering out of vinyl.



I love the way it turned out! Greg doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to hang it on the wall by my computer.

4 comments:

OhioMomPatriot said...

I love what you did with the bowl inserts! This is a truly inspiring project! Great job!

Cranberry Morning said...

Good Grief! That is SO CUTE!! :-)))

Holly said...

Sweet sign...it makes me smile! I adore shutter projects and those flowers are fabulous!
Holly
504 Main

Kimberly from "bugaboo" said...

Love the cardboard flowers - I never would have guessed they were just cardboard!