Friday, June 3, 2011

Act of Random Kindness (ARK)

Last week when the weather was so bad in Missouri, our tornado sirens went off and we had to go to the basement for over an hour until it had finally all passed. While I was down there, I discovered a corner where I had piled stuff probably years ago. I was a like a kid in a candy store! One of the things I found was an old mirror with a little shelf which I turned into this.


I loved the movie Evan Almighty, especially the end scene with God and Evan talking under the tree.


God was explaining to Evan that ARK was Acts of Random Kindness.
That was my inspiration.


I think the shelf was Home Interiors and I have no idea why I saved that little jar.


I painted it white and then sanded.


Then printed and covered up the mirror.


I stamped a washer and added it and jute to the votive.
See the pennies? I want to drop a penny in for every random act of kindness I can do.


My goal is to have that jar filled up every week!

Here's where I'll be linking to this week.

12 comments:

Agy said...

Hi! Love the idea. I saw the wrath of nature on the tele. It must have been horrible. My heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones or homes.

Agy @ Green Issues

Cranberry Morning said...

I think I have a shelf like that somewhere! Great idea. :-)

Full Circle Creations said...

Great idea! Glad you made it through the storms.
Holly

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Oh Terri, that's beautiful! I really like how it looks, but even more the motivation and goal behind it. Wonderful idea! <3

Kim @ It's a Crafty Life said...

What a cute idea...love it!

The mum of all trades said...

this is gorgeous, a great idea.

Kadie said...

What a great idea! It turned out so well. How fun that you found your old stash. Not so fun that you had to be in the basement because of tornadoes! Those sirens always scare me! Glad you are ok and you made something so wonderful out of it!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

This is wonderful!!! And the quote is a wonderful choice. I came over from Homemaker on a Dime. Thanks for sharing

the cape on the corner said...

what a great idea, and it looks wonderful white. you've given it new life!

SmileMonsters said...

What a great saying and idea!

Jo @ SmileMonsters

Johnnie said...

Beautiful! Stopping by to invite you to join Thrifty Thursday, because your I am loving your posts. Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

To Sew With Love said...

wow! you turned an old mirror into this beauty! wow! we love this so much we are featuring it today! congrats to making it to week 3!