Friday, June 17, 2011

For the Golfer.

This whole little project all started because of a wine cork.




All I could see when I looked at that cork was a golf ball!



I found grass scrapbook paper and mod-podged it on a $1.00 frame from Michaels.



I put a little piece of turf on the cardboard piece from the frame.



I painted the top of the cork white.



Now I needed a golf bag. Look how icky that prescription bottle looks. I didn't get the label off real well. They don't come off so easy!



I painted the bottle black and then wrapped it in leather. I added a small leather cord for the strap and buttons for wheels.



I took pens and put silver paper down in them and wrapped the end in electrician tape.



That simple little cork sitting in my kitchen turned into quite a project, but I love how it turned out. Greg has it sitting on his desk now, so it was all worth it!

I'll be linking Here this week.

16 comments:

Dawna said...

WOW! How great is that?? I would have likely still seen a cork... lol I LOVE it!

Dropping by from the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop... and will be following along in the future. I LOVE the creativity! :-D

Have a GREAT weekend!

~Dawna
http://www.hiccupsintime.com

Theresa said...

What a cute and easy project. Thanks for sharing.

Grandma Bonnie said...

New follower from the hop. Hope you follow back.
http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

Terri said...

Oh my goodness Terri... this is great! I love that it's made from recycled materials (and it would be the perfect Father's Day gift!).

Kadie said...

So cute. You are always so clever! I don't think I would have thought of that! BTW I have been seeing your book clock everywhere. Good for you!! I guess when my hubby sends me do car stuff next time I wont argue with him. :) Ha,ha.

gin said...

Oh goodness, my FIL would love this! This turned out so well, I might have to try it. Very creative.
I just found your blog and I think it is fab. I'm excited to read more!

Canadian Coupon Mom said...

Awesome idea!

I found your blog from the Relax and Surf blog hop!

www.canadiancouponmom.ca

shopannies said...

love this very cute

Screaming Sardine said...

Wow that is such an ingenious idea! And all becuz of a lil cork!! Wow!

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Ty and Whitty said...

That is so cute my hubby is obsessed with golf thank you do much for sharing. I found you through a linky party. Come and say hi I love visitors

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Karima said...

Very creative!
I am a new google follower of yours saw you on Wednesday Linky, Karima x
www.karimascrafts.com

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀ said...

WOW! Your good! I had no idea what you were going to do with the wine cork.
I love it!!!

Dee

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

This is too cute! Thank you for linking to Handy Man, Crafty Woman Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Mindie Hilton said...

I am just reminding everyone about tonights link party that runs Friday evening through Mondays!
I also have an ongoing give away link party now too.
Hope to see you soon.
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
come strut your stuff

AmieAnn said...

This is sooo cute! This is the best idea I have seen for a pen holder! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share this week!

To Sew With Love said...

what a clever recycling idea! thanks for sharing this fab project with us!