Monday, June 6, 2011

A Lighted Sconce

I hung my ARK Shelf that I did Here the other day and it looked so lonely hanging by itself. I remembered my stash that I found in the basement and made this to go with it.




I brought up that sconce and this battery candle thing.


One Christmas I had this bright idea of putting those in all the windows. I've got over a dozen of them. What a pain it was that year to go around every night and tighten the bulb for light and then have to go and unscrew them all again in the morning! Needless to say, I never put them up again.



I took it out of the stand and wrapped it with jute.



Painted and sanded the sconce the same way as the shelf. I had to move that holder out a little bit so the shade would fit.



Ah, much better!

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Home Frosting said...

I love the sconce and I love that you wrapped the candle with jute. What a great idea...it's so pretty! Lesa

Kadie said...

What a great pair!! These look great together! Great job.

shelbylately.com said...

Those look so great together, you did a really good job. Hiiii! I'm your newest follower! Would love for you to swing by & visit my blog when you have a chance! If you have a Twitter I'd love to be friends there as well! xoxo! www.shelbylately.com & @shelbylatelycom

Shellsea said...

Hi, I'm stopping by from Monday Blog Hope- I am a new follower and would love a follow back. :)
-Shellsea

Love, Shellsea Blog

Kristen said...

I am constantly doing that - finishing a project a deciding it's just too lonely the way I have it. Great addition! It really looks complete now! =)

Jilly said...

I found your collection of it on a website while I was searching for something else. I did a search on the issue and found most people will have the same opinion with your blog.
safety shower eye wash

Terry said...

Lamp making is totally new project for me on this weekend. I inspired from your this blog post. A great job you did, it is really marvelous with white color and clean work.
rc tank