Monday, June 27, 2011

Safari Photo Album

A friend of mine has a new grandbaby that she lovingly calls "Chunky Monkey". She loves anything safari and ask me to redo her photo album.




That's what I started with and kind of flew by the seat of my pants for this one.



I've never tried anything like this before, but I thought I should cover the end first.



I didn't cut the paper, just mod podged on the front and back.



Then I wrapped it around to the insides. That paper really looks wrinkly there, it wasn't that bad!



I also covered the inside of the front cover so it would look more finished.



I added ribbon to cover the seam and embellished with stickers. I gave her the pack of stickers I had leftover to add to the pages as she filled it.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Terri, your photo album is adorable! I was wondering if you have a brayer? I made some picture frames at Christmas time using scrapbook paper and modge podge and at first they were wrinkly till someone told me to get a brayer. It really helped alot. I love your creativity and look forward to reading your posts! Have a great day~

Terry said...

Very cute. There definitely is something about monkeys. :)

Terri said...

Cute! I sure hope that nickname does not stick... I'd sure hate to be a teenaged girl being called CM.

Cranberry Morning said...

That's a cute idea. Every little monkey should have one! I don't think Terri needs to worry about the nickname. I know a baby who was nicknamed 'Thunder Thighs,' but she's in her 20s now and she's not called that today. I don't think she has thighs! LOL