Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange

I participated in the Handmade Gift Exchange for the first time at Craftaholics Anonymous. If you're not familiar with this, Linda pairs up 2 strangers to make gifts for each other to exchange. I was paired up with Julia from Get Your Crafts On. Here is what I made for her.


Jalynn helped me pick out the fabric and I have to admit, I loved it so much after I finished, I'm making me a purse now.

It was like Christmas when my package arrived from Julia! I received the most delicious cookies (I ate them before I could get a picture!) and this.




I love it! It already has a snug little place in my purse. I use it to hold my coupons for Hobby Lobby, Joann's, and Michael's. It's perfect! I have the little notepad for my list, a place for coupons and any swatches I'm carrying to match colors. Thank you again, Julia!

If you would like to see all the gifts everyone exchanged, Linda has a linky party up and running to see everything. You can see it here. This was so much fun, I can't wait for the next one!

4 comments:

Sunray Gardens said...

Very nice, both what you made and what you received. It's always so much nicer receiving something handmade.
Cher Sunray Gardens

meijo's JOY said...

This is so thoughtful and sweet thing to do!

Terry said...

I agree,...I love the tote you made and the coupon/wallet that Julia made. Wow,..what a win-win.

Tara said...

sounds a little like crafster. i am going to check it out!