Monday, July 11, 2011

Jalynn's Peace Bracelet

I've been so lucky this summer because while Jordyn and Jace have been in summer school, Jalynn has been spending a lot of time with me. She'll call me when she gets up and I go get her and we just hang out together. I love it!! I know it won't be long that it won't be cool to hang with Grandma, so I'm treasuring every single moment!

Last week we made a trip to Hobby Lobby (imagine that) and while we were there, decided we would go home and make a bracelet.


We were looking for a volleyball charm and couldn't find it. I had the Peace Sign charm at home.



I snipped off the little ring on the top and hooked it to ribbon.



Look at that cute little heart clasp we found!



After it was all done, we were headed outside to take pictures and Jalynn told Papa where we were going. He said, "Be careful, you know what happens to Grandma when she goes out to take pictures". After my elbow incident (which is much better, just still healing), Greg thinks I should wear a helmet and pads when I'm taking pictures! Jalynn and I laughed so hard because on our way out, she tripped going down the stairs and I tripped coming back in!
Like Granddaughter, like Grandma!

I love you, Jalynn!

5 comments:

Terry said...

Cute bracelet, even cuter granddaughter. What great moments you're sharing with her. Awesome.

Baye said...

Look at those curls! Love the bracelet. The ribbon is so delicate looking.

I got my package with the Etsy purchases, and I love every single piece. Thanks for getting them out to me so quickly. Hope you'll get some more bottle cap ones on your Etsy shop soon.

LaVonne @ Long Wait said...

A cute and easy craft! Thanks for sharing.

I am stopping by from the Meet Me Monday blog hop. It is nice to "meet" you.

Enjoy your week!

LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

meijo's JOY said...

Awww...so cute!

Jenni said...

Terri, I have been looking every where around town trying to find the hardware to make ribbon bracelets like this but have not had any luck. Would you mind telling me where you bought it?
Jenni