Monday, July 25, 2011

Pickled Beets

Greg was working nights last week and one morning when he got home he told me he had a surprise for me in the kitchen sink. My first thought was, "That's a funny place to put something big and sparkly, but okay, I'll play along!". Here's what I found.


No, that's not a diamond! Beets! The nicest guy ever works with Greg and is so generous to share his garden with us every summer. Besides all the other goodies, Greg came home with these beets and the recipe for Pickled Beets.



FYI, I don't like beets, but these are awesome! They are so sweet and taste candied. I honestly could take a jar out of the refrigerator and eat the whole thing, which is why I send them all home with the kids! As always, thank you Larry!

4 comments:

meijo's JOY said...

We don't have much beets here..but those jars of beet do look very tempting!

Cranberry Morning said...

They look beautiful! And good idea to get them out of the house. :-) My mom used to make those and I LOVED THEM.

Shana said...

They look good. Hi! Following you from Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop. Would love a visit and a follow back: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. I also 'liked' your FB and would love a visit and a 'like' back on my page: http://on.fb.me/p7Ty6b. We are having a fantastic iPad 2 giveaway and I hope you will enter if you haven’t already! Thanks!

Pamela said...

I love pickled beets. My mother makes them every Easter. Putting hard boiled eggs in them is yummy, too.