Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Zucchini Cookies

We all love zucchini here at our house!! Seriously, Greg and I have it almost every night in the summer and the kids all love it too when they're here. My mom had a recipe for zucchini cookies and I finally found it. I made cookies (I know, don't fall over!) Saturday and they are to die for!!


Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 cup grated zucchini
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup raisins

In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg then stir in the zucchini. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the zucchini mixture. Mix in raisins. Cover dough and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 2 inches apart.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven until set. allow cookies to cool slightly on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.


I know some of you are probably thinking I've finally flipped putting zucchini in cookies, but you're going to have to trust me on this one. They are awesome!

Oh, and Terry at These Peas Taste Funny, this post is for you!

7 comments:

7658908c-32e1-11e0-a8fb-000bcdca4d7a said...

Hi.
Stopping by from the Tuesday Hop to say hello.
Have a great day!
POSH!
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/07/tuesday-friends-and-deals-hops.html

Terry said...

LOL - thanks! You should have seen my eyes light up when I read that title!! As you already know -- I will DEFINITELY be trying these little babies. Thanks so much for digging up the recipe and sharing.

Jen said...

I'm a new follower from FMBT!
I'd love a follow back @ http://upcycledscrapbooking.blogspot.com
Thanks!

***We love zucchini and have a load from our garden and cannot wait to try your recipe! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I grew up loving zucchini bread so I bet we will love these!!!!!!!!!****
Hugs!
Jen

Tonia @ TheGunnySack.com said...

Zucchini cookies? Cool! I have never heard of these but they look yummy!

gin said...

Mmmmm!! My mom grows zucchini in her garden and I will have to grab one from her and make these!

Not Your Ordinary Agent said...

I love zucchini bread and made some last week. great idea for more zucchini!
http://homesandbabies.blogspot.com New follower. Come check out some of my recipes when you can. Thanks.

Smallgood said...

I like zucchini bread, so why not zucchini cookies. Yum.