Monday, August 8, 2011

Barn Roof Tin

A couple of weeks ago, Greg and I drove up to Chillicothe to pick up 1200 sq. ft. of barn roof tin from a friend of ours. She had it on her ceiling and was moving, so we bought it from her to put on our family room walls. We've been looking for some for quite a while and were thrilled to finally find it!

It's all sitting up in storage for now, but I brought home a few small pieces to cut and craft with. I tried, but I just couldn't resist!


I love the old rusty, worn look!



I just bought a cheapo wood W from Hobby Lobby and used the technique that Michell of Girl in Air used to weather wood using steel wool and vinegar. I've got to tell you, that was fun! 



Then I just glued it to the tin, punched holes and strung wire and hung it on the front door!
Love it!

5 comments:

Karan said...

Very cute. Would never have thought of this . Love rustic looking items.

Karan

Robyn said...

Agree with Karan-very cute. Just curious- is the 'W' for welcome or an initial?

Baye said...

I do like your hanging W. I really have no idea what barn roof tin is or how it is used in decorating. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

that looks so cool, I love it too.

Crystelle Boutique said...

It is so fun and unique! Love it!


hugs x
Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com