Monday, October 3, 2011

Candy Corn Door Hanging

The hardest part of this whole little project was keeping everyone away from the candy corn before I had a chance to paint it!



Including me!



I started with a piece of heavy cardboard that I cut into a candy corn shape.



Went outside and spray painted the candy. Aww...what a waste!



I painted the cardboard black and then started gluing each piece on with Aleene's Tacky Glue.



And glued and glued and glued!



I just hot-glued a strip of Halloween fabric to the back to hang it. I was kind of worried about the candy falling off with the door opening and closing, but that Aleene's glue really holds. So far, so good!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Terry said...

Ha, that is really cute. Too bad you couldn't eat it though huh. ;)

Karen said...

Very creative, Terri! I don't know what candy corn is, but it looks yummy:) God bless x

Karen said...

Very creative, Terri! I don't know what candy corn is, but it looks yummy:) God bless x

Cranberry Morning said...

Cute idea! I know that one of my grandsons would simply stand at the door and pick off the painted candy and eat it! :-)

TwinsWithTots said...

love this and I am going to make it with my 3 girls this weekend!
looking forward to finding some great new blogs to read during I love blogging hop!
following u on FB and GFC
Hope u will check us out too at http://twinswithtots.blogspot.com/
cathy and becca