Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dollar Store Witch


That whole little witch was made with everything I found at the Dollar Store.



The base is a cauldron candy bucket that I filled with rocks for stability.



I spray painted two orange pumpkins black and then just hot glued the stack together.



For the hair, I cut strands off of the broom and glued it in the hat (which is really a funnel).



I glued the bird to the top of her hat, but she still looked lonely.



I used the cat face from this package and



glued it to one pumpkin for the head and then hot glued the two pumpkins together.



There, she looks so much happier with her little friend!

14 comments:

cottage art shop said...

Wow! This is so great! I guess we are on the same page. I made a witch this weekend, too. You can come see her on my blog. Happy Halloween!

Cranberry Morning said...

How cute is that!! And that's the kind of witch I like - very UNscary! :-)

The Paupers Castle said...

Cute!

Miss Kitty said...

Both of your pumpkin creations are SUPER CUTE! Thanks for sharing how you made both of them.

Cheap Cajun said...

This is a great cheap craft!
I've shared it on my blog!

Screaming Sardine said...

She is so cute! Who says witches can't be sweet. ;0)

I love that funnel for her hat, too.

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Terry said...

I love her hair!! lol

Lorie said...

I love it! Especially the bird on her hat!

Varandinha Minha said...

So nice, I've shared

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

Terri, they look great! I am really trying to get into the spirit...all I could manage was buying a pumpkin today. I just love what you have done! So simple and so festive! My kids would love making the cat!

Suzy said...

Very cute! I could never come up with that just by walking in the dollar store. You really are a creative princess! ;o)

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love your witch and her cat. Very cleverly done.

Naked Mommy said...

too cute! i like the cat best!! it's always good to have way to decorate not involving knives when you have little kids!!

new follower from the finding friends weekend blog hop (yes, i know i'm late but it's too much work to look at that many blogs in one weekend!),

karen
www.nakedmommydiaries.com

Erin O'Riordan said...

The pumpkin cat is a very cute touch.