Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Zip-Itself Coin Purse

I found this tutorial at Craft Passion and thought it was just too darn cute not to try. Here's mine:



My intention was to make these for all the girls' stockings for Christmas.
Not going to happen!



I printed out the instructions and sat at the sewing machine with them. She sewed hers by hand, and maybe that's what my problem was. I did mine on the machine with a zipper foot.



It really is so fun. It unzips like that and then zips right back up into the little purse.



I'm showing you this one, but not the 5 I ruined before it. It was a war that day between me and the zipper, but I at least won one battle!



Needless to say, the girls are not getting these in their stockings. After Christmas, I might try them again. Maybe Easter baskets would be a better idea!

4 comments:

Terry said...

They are soooo adorable. Total bummer that the others didn't work for you. As you said though, at least one turned out (could that be because of your stubborn nature, lol).

Ashley said...

very cool! i love this...zippers are so fun. i hope you can link it up today!!!
xo

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

Holy cow, that is CUTE! I think I need to try it.. But am I brave enough? ;D

Mary said...

I think it's beautiful!