Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wine Cork Snowman

Triniti reminded me the other day that I hadn't made her a Christmas necklace. Oh, and she also told me that all the little girls in her first grade class wanted one, too. Yeah, that's not going to happen, but I don't have the heart to tell her yet. I told her a little white lie (that's why I'm not going to get the "Grandma of the Year" award) and said I was working on it, just didn't have it done yet. After she left, I went to my stash and tried to find something to make a necklace out of.



I found a wine cork and went with it.
Oops, just lost another vote for the award! Wine corks? For your granddaughter?



I painted the top of the cork white and the bottom black.



I traced the bottom of the cork on black felt and a bigger circle around it and cut.



Then it slips over the bottom (which is now the top) and I put a little glue to make sure it stayed.



I drew a face on with Sharpies.



Screw a Screw Eye (who knew that's what they were called) in the middle of the top of the cork.



Add a ribbon to hang it from and you're done.
Score! She loved it!
Now I just have to break it to her that I didn't make one for all her little friends.

4 comments:

Terry said...

ha ha ha,...hilarious. Maybe she'll enjoy being the only girl with the unique artisan necklace that grandma made her and you'll be off the hook. :)

Mom Daughter Style said...

how creative!
http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

Hi, Terri

This is a great idea. Lovely!

Vanessa

Whitney Reed Cypert@Keeping Up with the Cyperts said...

Adorable!!