Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blog Resolutions for 2012

Okay, so I made resolutions for my blog this year and I'm showing it to all of you so if I don't follow through, you can remind me to get back on target. Plus the shame of it all if I don't do them! Be prepared, this is a wordy post with no pictures!


#1. Quit being a slacker!
Lately, I've been horrible about answering e-mails and commenting (I'm so sorry!). I have good intentions, I just don't set aside the time to do it. My brain keeps telling me to get off the computer and get something done. Which is why I have my resolution #2.



#2. Set aside time each day for blogging.
Most of the time I just fly by the seat of my pants & rush to get a post up for that day. I need to have more posts ready to go in draft. I need to make myself edit all my photos and have them ready to go,  instead of just doing one post at a time. (Now do you see why I'm always behind?!)


#3. Quit losing sleep over losing a follower!
I know it's crazy, but I worry what I did wrong if a follower drops off. It really bothers me, but I swear, I'm going to stop dwelling on it & just keep being me & crafting. This is my blog and I can do what I want. I'm just me, I can't change and please everybody.


#4. Figure out Facebook and start talking on it.
Again, this is a time issue, I'm going to take the time. My first step will be figuring out my stupid phone (it's really not, it's the user!) so I can use the Facebook App on it.


#5. Do one Pinterest project a week.
Or maybe every other week (just keeping it real). I keep pinning great ideas, but that's as far as it gets. You heard it here, I'm going to start making those great ideas!


#6. Quit ignoring my Etsy Shop!
It's high time I start filling that shop. The poor little thing is so neglected.


#7. Learn how to use the Serger I bought last year.
The first step will be taking it out of the box!


#8. Learn how to use my new Silhouette!
Yes, it's true, Greg bought me one for Christmas! Please don't put him too high up on a pedestal. I mentioned it, I ordered it, and I paid for it with his credit card. Thank you, honey! It should be here at the end of this week. I'm so excited!


So those are my resolutions and I'm going to really try & follow through with them.
Wish me luck!


Now I need a little of your help. Is there anything you would like to see more of here? Giveaways, Features, Crafts? Which by the way, do you like me featuring one of you each week from the linky party? I'm just so inspired by of all you talented ladies, that I want to show you off. Would you rather do guest posts? Do you want to do a guest post? I really would love your input.


(I meant to get started with all these resolutions yesterday, but Greg and I went out all day! Oops, sorry!)

12 comments:

Carmella said...

Great list....and I know you can do it! Just don't put too much pressure on yourself....I love stopping by to see what you have been up to but I am realizing more and more how much work it is to blog...I find that when I do get to sit down and write a post it make me so happy but I can't put too much pressure on myself to do it or it feels like work. We love you, and will love you no matter if you don't get to do everything on this list ;)

mypollitos said...

Thank you for sharing your goals with us. I'm rooting for you. They are definitely attainable.

This may sound horrible. But your admission about setting time aside to blog was a bit refreshing. I know it sounds weird. It's just that's exactly how I feel ALL the time, especially as a newbie. So hearing that a blogger that I follow (btw- I truly enjoy your posts/crafts) & respect has the same issues, kinda puts my mind at ease. Anyhoo, like I said we'll be rooting for you. Let's all make 2012 GRAND!!

Abrazos,
Sapphire @ Life with My Pollitos

poppilinnstudios said...

Hi Terri,
Great list of goals. I too blog by the seat of my pants! I really need to decide ahead of time what I'd like to blog about-maybe a particular idea each day. I feel like you do, I should get off the computer and get other things done! Setting time aside each day for blogging is a good idea. Good luck with your goals. Oh, I need to pay attention to my Etsy too-Guess it's a work in progress! Have a great week!
-Lynn

Terry said...

Wow, what a list. Looks ambitious but I know you can do it. I know what you mean about feeling the pressure at the last minute. Sometimes I get ahead but inevitably life gets in the way and I still find myself scrambling (like this week in particular). I can't wait to see how 2012 goes for you - I'll be right here, sharing the ride. (funny about the Silhouette, lol)

Shasta @ intheoldroad said...

Great list of goals. Mine are the same except I need to get off of my computer and do more stuff (i.e. housework). I understand the Pinterest thing...I'm so hooked on that site and keep saying "I've got to make that", ha. Congrats on the Silhouette (jealous).

Jesika said...

I started a just don't pin, create resolution a couple weeks ago. I use at least on recipe from pinterest a week and use one pin for a basis of a craft a week. It is so great to have so many ideas in one area.

I hope your resolutions go as planned! Props to your husband on the silhoutte (best way to do it or you get car parts :/)

Cranberry Morning said...

It's a great list, Terri. I know what you mean, though. I have Photoshop Elements 7 that I still haven't used, although I bought it a year ago! It's just so much easier to stick with what I already know. So maybe your resolution will inspire me, who knows!

All the best for 2012!

Terri said...

Don't change your linky party! I love yours cause there is such a fun variety - no rules is my favorite rule! I love you just the way you are...
hugs!

Full Circle Creations said...

Love your list! I know it's difficult to get everything in that you want to do...Good luck!

Holly

More Style Than Cash said...

Your list 1 through 5 is exactly what I should have on my New Years resolution list!

When ever I get over-whelmed by it all I just remind myself that the way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time and set myself tiny little goals for each day that I know I can achieve.

I love the variety of you link party so don't change that!

Rosie said...

love your list, i think time gets the best of all of us!!!!


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Baye said...

I also did some of my own Christmas shopping. I got the Keurig Frother at a great price, informed my husband that he was giving it to me, wrapped it, and even acted surprised when I opened it. Glad I wasn't alone in taking on my own Christmas shopping.

That is quite a list of resolutions! Don't work too hard, though.