Monday, January 23, 2012

Fleece Blanket

I know we've all made the tied ends fleece blankets in probably every color and print you can imagine. They're so fun and so easy and so comfy, you just can't not make another one.



This is one I made for Jace, but look at the edges! I found the greatest tutorial at Helping Little Hands and just love it!



You braid the ends instead of tying them. When you click on her link, it takes you to doing a braided blanket with 2 pieces of fleece (which I want to try next), but there's also a link in that post to using one piece.



I really think it makes a much cleaner edge and a lot easier on the fingers than tying.

Tomorrow is the last day of the Giveaway, Be sure to enter if you haven't already!

4 comments:

momto8 said...

my daughter made these blankets for Christmas gifts...everyones favorite gift!! so warm and comfortable!!

Cranberry Morning said...

Great finish to the blanket, Terri! What would we do without fleece in the winter? I wear it (vest, jacket) and drape it over me when watching TV. It's part of the winter accessory list here!

Terry said...

Nice twist to this blanket.

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Now I like the idea of braiding better then the loose ends hanging thank you for the idea!