Friday, January 20, 2012

No More Ugly Lamp!

That's right, the ugly lamp is finally gone!



No, not that one.



That one! You know the one, you need a lamp in a small space on a small table and you grab the first thing you can find in the basement because you saved it to do something with it one day and you set it there and never got around to changing it...



until you finally get sick of seeing it show up in all the photos! That one!



I actually got sick of looking at it one day and grabbed that can of paint.



It was warm here last week so I ran outside and painted. I couldn't believe how well it covered the metal!



I was going to put fabric over the shade, but I really did like the texture and the flowers that were on it. The flowers and leaves were just too light so I thought maybe the paint would work on the shade, too. Guess what, it did!



Okay, that's better, but a little blah.



I added some jute to the shade and



also to the base.



Much better!



When it's lit at night, the flowers and leaves still show through, but darker. They look kind of light there in the picture, but really they're not.



Yep, the ugly lamp is gone and I'm one happy girl!


I'm linking Here this week.

21 comments:

Jamie said...

It looks like a totally different lamp... great work!!! And the kids are cute :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Ha! It's like a magic lamp. White during the day and flowered at night! I am glad the flowers show though because it is pretty that way, and that you muted them a tad. Nice project. Were you really up at 5:30 AM posting this? Is it cold there? Sweet pic of the CUTE kids.

Agy said...

I love how the flowers show up - gives it a romantic feel to it when it's lit up! The kids are cute too!

Grammy Goodwill said...

First - what cute kids! Second - I can't believe that lamp update. Adding the jute was a perfect touch. It looks great!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Cute kids and cute lamp!! Great make-over!

Ms POSH said...

Nice lamp work!

Stopping by from the Friday Hops to say hello.
Have a great weekend!
POSH

~Gay~ said...

Looks great! Popping over from the Friday follow hop. :)
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Hi there! Just found your blog from the blog hop at Mamma to 4 Blessings. Great job on the lamp, much better! :-) I'm a new follower and would love if you stopped by my blog, ourpumpkinandsweetpea.blogspot.com HAPPY WEEKEND! :-)

wizkey said...

This is such a cute idea!! You are so creative!! Thanks for sharing. Following by email from the Super Stalker Sunday Hop. http://wwww.teressamorris.com

Jill said...

Great makeover on that lamp!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Paula said...

It turned out awesome! We'd love for you to link up at our party...http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/01/one-year-blogaversary-and-new-linky.html

Sarah said...

Its so good to finally get a project done..kudos!!
Sarah
www.budgetfriendlydecorating.com

Kammy's Korner said...

haha, yup, def have those lamps quickly stuck in place that I cringe at in photos! Way to go with the update - MUCH better! :)

Terry said...

Oh I'm surprised that is the same lamp. I love how it lights up the flowers at night, but not during the day. Very cool. Thanks for sharing at our Link It Up Thursday party.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Very cute. I like the subtle transformation of the shade.

Shari @For the Little Doll In Your Life said...

This is an impressive makeover. I like what the jute adds to the look.

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

What a great transformation! Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

Kadie said...

What a great lamp make over! It turned out great.

D+B said...

Cute blog!!! I found you on a link party!! I am your newest follower!!! I would love it if you would check out my blog to and follow me back, that would be great!! I would love to feature your blog sometime!!

-Brooke
For-the-luv-of.blogspot.com

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Oh my goodness! I love the addition of the jute! It's perfect. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Six Sisters said...

This lamp is beautiful!! Thanks for linking up with "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope you'll be back next Saturday to share more terrific ideas! -The Sisters