Monday, February 6, 2012

Duct Tape Bracelet

Well, looky here, we have a special little guest today!



It's Jordyn!



She's going to show us how she makes these bracelets out of...



Duct Tape!



She uses 3 different colors and cuts a 10" strip out of each.



Start by folding each piece into thin strips.



Then the fun begins.



Braid the 3 strips together and it really helps to have someone hold the end while you're braiding.



Cut smaller pieces to put on the ends to hold it together.



Use one more little piece to connect the ends for the size you need for your wrist.



Awesome!







Thank you, dolly! Love you!


For lots more fun projects to do with duct tape, check out this post that Stephanie from Under the Table and Dreaming did.


Have a great week!

Pin It

8 comments:

Richelle Kelley said...

Just so darling. I love how they come in all the SUPER FUN prints now. What an adorable idea (and child). I will pass it along to my friends who have "little ones".

Cranberry Morning said...

Love the name Jordyn, first of all! What a cute little crafter. And when did duct tape get pretty?? I missed that. I still have rolls of the gray stuff in my laundry room. :-) Be sure to stop in for the 25% discount Hope of Spring sale on all my handmade soaps, going on this week only. Have a great day, Terri.

Katie said...

I'm loving these bracelets!!!

Kate said...

Well done, Jordyn! Great tutorial. I had no idea that duct tape came in such an array of colours and designs ... all I ever see is grey and white.

Quiltingranny said...

I do the same thing with fabric, but I love the printed duct tape. Came over via Sunday follow. Please stop by my blog for a chance to win in my giveaway a few crafty things:
http://quiltingranny.blogspot.com/2012/02/we-are-not-moving-giveaway.html

Terry said...

Very cute and Jordyn did a great job!!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Such a cute craft-er! Cute idea too! I have a niece that will love these!!

Nancy StyleDecor said...

Very cute! I just picked up some colored duct tape (same pink as in your photos) for my daughter's binders that are beginning to break. She said kids are taping them with colored duct tape at school. Who would have thought that would be cool?
Have a great week!
nancy