Friday, February 24, 2012

Itty Bitty Charm Bracelets

When I've been out shopping lately, it seems every store I go into has little charm bracelets just made out of cord and a charm. They're all cute, but are anywhere from $6.00 to $10.00 a piece! Are you kidding me? Everybody, say it together, "We can make those"!



And you can! I bought the Hemp cord and charms at Hobby Lobby. The cord comes in a package with different colors. The hardest part was figuring out the slip knot so they are adjustable.



You start by adding your charm to the middle of the cord. Now it's time for the slip knots.




You'll find a much better explanation on Google somewhere, but I'll try (bad pictures and all).
You start with one end and cross it over the top.



Then you wrap it under and back over and into the circle you created.
Please don't judge those fingers, I'd been scraping wallpaper that day!



Pull it tight and do the same thing with the other end.



There you go, easy peasy!



Be warned though, it's hard to stop once you start!



My hand model had not been scraping wallpaper that day.



She was a little busy eating SpongeBob yogurt!


I'm linking to these parties this week.



Pin It

16 comments:

Tonia L said...

So cute! My daughter would love making and wearing these!

Terry said...

Your little hand model is super adorable. These charm bracelets are really cute too and look really easy to make.

Whitney@Keeping Up with the Cyperts said...

These are cute! A great project idea for gifts!

kijjet said...

Hi, new follower! I remember having a bunch of these necklaces while growing up but I never knew how to tie the knots to make my own. Very cool post!

Allison Downes said...

These are cute!

Found you in the hop New GFC Follower, Hope you will follow me back and check out my giveaways!

http://giveawayhog.blogspot.com/

artclubblog said...

They're lovely and look easy enough to make. I know my daughter will be wanting a few!

Jill said...

Great little bracelets Terri - and thanks for the tute on slip knots! Looks fairly easy!! (mmm haven't tried yet though...)


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Q @ JAQS said...

Ahhh - how adorable are those? Great job on these.

Love for you to share this at my Wednesday's "Made by ME" linky party here:
http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

Our Delightful Home said...

These are too cute! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com


Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Daisy said...

How great are these, my daughter would go crazy for them!
Found you via A crafty soiree link up.

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi! I pinned this on Pinterest and featured here. Thanks for joining Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Please feel free to grab the feature button.

Catrin said...

So cute. Thanks for sharing this. I pin this because this would be a great thing to do on a birthday party or when my niece has someone over...
Greetings from Germany
Catrin

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Brilliant! And your hand model is adorable. Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

These are SO cute! And I can see why making these would be addictive! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Kadie said...

Great Job!! I am going to have to make some for sure. Thanks for sharing with us this week.:)

Mindie Hilton said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty bracelet work at Bacon Time. Hope to see you again on Friday.