Saturday, February 4, 2012

You're Berry Special!

I made this for Brandon's girlfriend, Christina. (Who, by the way, has almost my middle name, Christine).


It probably doesn't make sense yet, but let me explain.



That's our youngest, Brandon, and his little sweetheart of a girlfriend that Greg and I just adore! Look at her wrist, those are charm bracelets that I made and she's wearing them! I haven't shown you yet, it's coming. Christina quickly learned that Brandon's mom was a hoarder crafter and saved me a bottle she thought I would love.



First off, I know there is all kind of wrongs with that picture! When Tierni is here and I have a camera in my hand, she finds a way to get in every photo! That's not actually her, but I'm sure you know she's made her presence! I thought I took another picture, but I didn't. This is what I have to show you the bottle. Oh, and another thing, don't ask why Brandon and Christina have that empty bottle. A mother doesn't want to know, she's just happy for the cute, empty bottle!



Because the bottle was about strawberries, I knew I had to run with that. I drew a heart on the strawberry fabric I had and layered it between batting and fabric.



Then I sewed around my markings through all 3 layers. Yeah, I know, I don't stay on the lines very well. Don't worry, it works out in the end.



After you've sewn, cut the excess off with pinking shears.



I did 3 of the hearts and 1 seed packet from the same line of fabric. That is Debbie Mumm fabric and my JoAnn's quit selling it. Does anybody know where to buy her fabric? I went to her website and they don't have her oldies, but goodies. I really want the sunflower line that she had!



After I sewed the 4 pieces together where I wanted them, I glued craft sticks to the back to stabilize it.



Then I glued it to a dowel and threw in some green sprigs I had.



Since this was for Christina, I wanted to add something for her. I printed on cardstock and mod-podged it on that tag I had.



Ignore my open purse in the background!





I hope she likes it! Christina, we love you!

I'll be linking Here this week.


Pin It

15 comments:

Terry said...

Yay. So happy you're back (you must be too, lol). I'm sure Christina is going to love it!!

Full Circle Creations said...

So cute. Glad you are back online.

Holly

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Glad your back! Love the cute little craft! I'm sure she will too!

pinkertonjamesl said...

So sweet look.I really impress by this blog.It really wonderful and attractive.

music lyrics search

Artsy VaVa said...

This is one of the cutest Valentine projects that I've seen! Pinned it.

Jill said...

Great work with that cute and unusual bottle! Christina will love it I'm sure!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Amy Clark said...

That is a super cute Valentine gift. I am sure Christina will love it.

Ashley said...

That is very cute!!

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said...

I Love this! We are hosting our first Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party this Friday (the 10th) and would love for you to share this! We will open it tonight to start linking up. Feel free to stop by and grab a party button! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/

4you-withlove said...

VERY cute!

Lindsi B said...

I love this! So cute! I saw this on Skip to My Lou I would love it if you would share this with our readers too for Fun Stuff Fridays! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

So cute! Thanks so much for sharing at this week's BFF Open House.

Kadie said...

What a great way to up-cycle a cute bottle!! I'm sure she's gonna love it! Thanks so much for linking up with us.:)

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a sweet gift!! I bet she loved it! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Six Sisters said...

This is such a cute craft...love the bottle! What a fun gift! We loved having you at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Come back next Saturday and share more of your great ideas! -The Sisters