Friday, March 16, 2012

Baby Blanket for the Littlest Viking Fan

I really, really, crocheted something! Brandon's friend, Tony, who is like a son to us, will be having a baby (actually, his girlfriend is) any day now. To say Tony and his dad are huge Minnesota Viking fans, is putting it mildly, so I knew the little guy coming had to have something purple.



I finally conquered the Granny Square, so of course I made it using those.



The boys keep telling me it's not really Viking purple, but hey, it's going to be for a little, bitty, baby. We need "baby purple"!



I got that little ornament after Christmas at Hobby Lobby for 20 cents! Score!!
I wrapped it all up with a chain stitched ribbon.

Toni (isn't that funny? Tony and Toni!) looked like she was about ready to pop a week ago, but I told her I still had a few things to make, so just hang on a little while longer. We'll see if she and the little guy listen to me!


I'm linking to these awesome parties this week.



Pin It

15 comments:

Terrie said...

So soft and so pretty color. A pretty and thoughtfulness gift.

Kadie said...

It is gorgeous!! I haven't made a granny square they intimidate me for some reason. I really love the way it turned out.:)

Lydia Criss Mays said...

Oh, what a special, wonderful, thoughtful gift! How talented you are! I can't imagine how much this will mean to the family and the thought of a little one bundled up in it warms my heart. You created a lot of opportunities for seeing beautiful!

Happy seeing beautiful!
http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/

Terry said...

Look at you go, girl. Awesome. I'm sure they'll all love it and how thoughtful this gift is. And the granny square,...maybe you should do a tutorial - how about a video version? :)

Handmade Cuties said...

My goodness...you have limitless talent! So pretty!

Eveli Acosta said...

That's great! Very pretty! New follower thru BHE! To follow me, here's my link http://acostaeveli.blogspot.com/ :)

Jill said...

Gorgeous blanket Terri! and I love the tiny ornament you added to it! Exciting times for your 'family'!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Wendy said...

Such a lovely blanket, I love the colour.

Judy said...

You did an amazing job. I know how much work goes into a blanket like that. Truly gorgeous.

Kimberly from "bugaboo" said...

What a pretty blanket! I can admit to liking it, even if I DO live in Packer territory! :)
I'm having a "Yarn" series on my blog now and have a link party I'd love for you to check out!
Yarn it all! Link PartyI'd love for you to come by and check it out!

ms.composure said...

Stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to show you some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :) new follower!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I love the purple!! This is so lovely and the baby will love this! What a sweet gift. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Julie said...

I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/baked-chicken-salsa-show-your-stuff-16.html

Kadie said...

I love your afghan! I will be featuring it tomorrow at our party. Thanks for sharing with us at partying with us every week.:)

Six Sisters said...

This blanket is so cute! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope you'll be back! -The Sisters