Friday, March 23, 2012

Easter Bracelet

Jordyn (she's 9) was here the other night and said those 5 little words to me that make my heart melt, "Grandma, let's craft something together". I'm telling you, my heart turns to butter when she says that! So we went up to my craft room (decorating is still a work in progress, but it is now fully loaded and organized!) and here's what we came up with.



Now is where I have to tell you that I had pictures of the whole work in progress (even the picture that Jace took of a close up of my nose, which by the way, you would never have seen), but they were all loaded on my computer that crashed on Saturday. That 6 month old computer is now at the Best Buy/Dell Geek hospital and being fixed as we speak, but I have no photo's in the meantime. Boy, did I learn my lesson about not backing up my computer!

It quit raining here for a little while today so I grabbed the bracelet and ran outside to take these pictures.



When Jordyn and I went upstairs, we found a package of these little ornaments that I had bought to maybe hang on twigs for a little Easter tree. We thought of a better idea.



We originally were just going to use a plain washer, but with some of the little ornaments, it showed under them, so I mod-podged paper to the top of it.



Aren't those bails cute? They were new at Hobby Lobby. You know the drill, use E-6000 Glue to put them on the back.



Glued a magnet on the back (Gorilla Glue) and painted the sides of it.




There you go, you put on whatever you feel like that day! A lot of the "charms" aren't necessarily Easter, so the bracelet is good year round.

I really wish I had my original pictures of Jordyn to show you, not the ones of the inside of my nose!

Oh, and we really should give Greg a big (not too big, it'll just go to his head!) "atta boy" for getting me back on my feet and the fact that I'm even here. He ran out and bought me a laptop on Monday! Love you, sweetheart!

I'm linking to these awesome parties this week.


Pin It

18 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great idea, looks lovely!

I love it when my niece wants to do crafting, such fun, even if we only make a mess!

Jessica said...

Very neat project!

Happy Friday! I think this is my first visit to your blog. Please stop by and say hello and follow (if you don't already) my blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

Hope you have a great weekend! :-)

Mohala said...

This is so cute!

~Mo
www.mokekumileicreations.com

Delicia said...

These bracelets are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

yanlihome.blogspot.com

Rachel Marie said...

So creative :) Such a lovely idea, and I know my niece would love something like this in her Easter basket ... along with a million other things of course :) I'm your newest follower from the hop by the way :) the happily ever after project

Cranberry Morning said...

Jordyn is one blessed little girl! She must absolutely love coming to visit you. These little creations of yours are just adorable, Terri!

Terry said...

Oh yes, those bails are sooo cute. I have to look harder when I go to Michael's next time because I have yet to find bails. You're inspiring me. :)

Poppy said...

Oh my Terri, these are sooo adorable...I love the cute Easter colors:)The one with the mod podged washer is such a brilliant idea and I love the paper you used... I'm so gonna copy this idea:) Congratulations on your new laptop!I know what you mean about backing up my files... I'm so bad at it. I should be doing that every so often. Thanks for your visit and have a great weekend!Hugs,Poppy

Marcela Gmd said...

Beautiful works!!!
You like art and fashion?
Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

Jill said...

Great work there by Jordyn!! Glad to hear you're back up and running with your laptop too!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

So cute, and what a sweet memory! Thanks for sharing at Handmade Tuesdays.

Kristin@gratefulbelly.com said...

My little girls would love these! Such a fun project. I'm following:) I'd love to have you stop by and share this at my link party going now through Saturday night!

http://www.gratefulbelly.com/2012/03/whats-new-wednesday-two-and-give-away.html

Sarah said...

Super cute. I love thee charms!!

I would love for you to share this at my Flaunt It Friday link party. There are also TWO amazing giveaways this week!

http://www.dottedlinecrafts.com/2012/03/flaunt-it-friday.html

Looking forward to more posts,
Sarah@
www.dottedlinecrafts.com

Sarah said...

Super cute. I love thee charms!!

I would love for you to share this at my Flaunt It Friday link party. There are also TWO amazing giveaways this week!

http://www.dottedlinecrafts.com/2012/03/flaunt-it-friday.html

Looking forward to more posts,
Sarah@
www.dottedlinecrafts.com

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

SO cute!

Mindie Hilton said...

Featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time!

Kadie said...

I love it when my kids ask to make a craft. So much fun! The bracelet turned out so cute. The charms are adorable! Thanks for parting with us.:)

Salim Reza said...

Tyvek® brand protective material is a family of tough, durable spunbonded olefin sheet products that are stronger than paper and more cost-effective.
Tyvek
wristbands