Saturday, May 26, 2012

Guest Post: Paper and Lace

Hello Everyone,

My name is Nicole and I was one of the lucky people Terri chose to be a guest on her blog this month.  My project for this month is a Trash-To-Treasure Beach Themed Memo board/chalkboard.

 I rescued an old serving tray that was bound for the landfill, and created something that I believe is both useful and beautiful.  As soon as I laid eyes on this tray I knew I was going to convert it into a memo board on the woven side, and after realizing that the reverse side was relatively smooth that is must become a chalkboard!

 I painted the woven side with white milk paint and the smooth side with chalkboard spray paint.  I adhered the fishing net to the front of the memo board with hot glue after painting both sides.  For the chalkboard side I painted a Scrabble tile holder with the same white milk paint and adhered it to the chalkboard with hot glue after the paint had dried.

 The sea star on the front was a gift from my brother from one of his trips to the ocean, and the rest of the sea shells were in my stash.  The green sea glass was purchased at Michael's as was the little Tim Holtz glass bottle.

  In keeping with the beach theme I used some simple cotton rope as a hanger and voila! I hope you enjoyed this project and found some inspiration to create something beautiful of your own!  Please feel free to stop by my blog and say hello. http://paperandlace123.blogspot.com/

Thanks again Terri for featuring me as a guest on your blog! 

Hugs, Nicole


This is the before shot of the woven side of the serving tray.



Here is the before shot of the smooth side of the serving tray.



Here is the after shot of the memo board.



This is the after shot of the chalkboard side.



Wow, Nicole! It's beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

1 comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

Thanks, Nicole! You people are so creative. I don't know how you come up with these things. I think you need to come to my house and apply a little of that magic here. :-)