Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Guest Post: Whimsical Woodland

For the next week and a half, I'm going to take a little break. WAIT! Don't leave me! I'm still going to be here, just not everyday for a little bit. I've got some awesome bloggers doing guest posts for me and I'll still pop in for a craft or two. It's a Party will go on as usual. I can't go without my weekly fix of all of your fabulous creations!

Thank you for sticking around and I promise, I'll fill you all in when I get back. Because I'm not above bribing, I'll even have a giveaway for a Hobby Lobby gift card in June!

First up of our guest posts is Amanda from Whimsical Woodland. Take it away, Amanda!




If you are anything like me (and my family) once the temperature starts rising, and the days get longer, you find yourself spending more and more time outdoors. Today, I am here to show you how to make your own outdoor chandelier to help add a little sparkle to your outdoor space. (Inspired by this.)

Step 1: Gather Supplies



Step 2: Attach Hanging Crystals To Basket

Using jump rings, attach crystals to your basket. I attached one crystal on each section of my basket, but feel free to add as many/few as you like.

Side note: I tightened my jump rings just enough to keep the crystal from slipping off. This allows the crystals to have more movement.


Step 3: Attach Crystal Garland To Basket 

Garland found, here.

This particular basket took just shy of three feet of garland. This length may vary depending on how much of a swag you want your garland to have. (Mine was exactly 18 beads per section.) Here is a close up view of how I attached it.  




Step 4: Add Candle and Hang In Location Of Your Choosing

I think this would love great with a metallic or glittered candle for added sparkle. (I used a very seasonally appropriate lilac-scented candle.) 



Have fun making your own outdoor chandelier!



Thank you, Amanda! How cute would those be all around the deck?!


See you all this afternoon for It's a Party.

3 comments:

Terry said...

These are so pretty.

~ Tami said...

great project. I love it! Thanks for sharing :)
Tami @ Curb Alert!

Cranberry Morning said...

Cute idea!! :-)