Friday, May 4, 2012

Mary Poppins Canvas

I love Mary Poppins! I know I'm old, but I still remember the day when I was 6 years old and Mom and Daddy took me to see it for the very first time! The next week, I got the record album (See? I am old! record?!!) and the sheet music for the piano that I played.



When my adorable and sweet friend, Mindie, from Bacon Time posted her Mary Poppins printables that are Here, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.



I took one of them and printed it off. I actually took coffee from the cup I was drinking and rubbed it all over the paper and waited for it to dry.



I ran to Hobby Lobby, which by the way, they should pay me for every time I walk in there! At the very least, they could give me a perfect parking place with a sign with my name on it! Sorry, I wandered away for a minute. I bought a canvas mat. Is that what they're called? (I sat here forever trying to think of what the official name for that thing is!)



I honestly didn't know if this would work or not, but there were 2 mats in the package I bought so I figured if I screwed it up, I could use the other one. I rubbed stain around all the edges and part of the top. It worked!



I went to my piano bench and pulled out my Mary Poppins book. Yes, I've kept it all these years and actually would still play every now and then.



It hurt a little to do it, but I took out the page of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. As you can see, I obviously had a little problem with counting as I played! But look, I got a star!!



I rubbed a little scrapbooking ink around the edges and glued the printable on.



Then I just glued it to the canvas. It now has a permanent spot on my piano!



Thank you, Mindie, for sharing this! You know I love you!

I can't tell you how many times I've watched that movie. My kids all (had to) watched it when they were little and would probably never admit it now, but I'm just sure they still know the words to every song!

Remember, when things are a little tough going, just a spoonful of sugar will help!

I'm linking up to These fabulous parties this week.


Pin It

17 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I LOVE it. And even I had a little pang, knowing that you tore the page out of the book...BUT, you will enjoy it so much more this way, rather than in a closet, right?

You can come over anytime and we'll watch Mary Poppins and sing all the songs together. :-) My favorite was Chimchimmeny Chim Chim Cheree (or whatever it was called. Loved the dancing on the rooftops!!)

Vanessa said...

Hi, Terri

I love you new wall art. It looks great

Vanessa

The Tablescaper said...

Great post. I too love Mary Poppins.

- The Tablescaper

Mindie Hilton said...

Love it!
Sorry I am just getting here to check your printable work out. My husband decided he was going to paint the inside of our house this weekend. I tell you it's not easy living with a weekend warrior. At least he hasn't gotten called into work, so it might get done, fingers crossed.

Your printable art looks amazing. I love the story about the music sheet. You are so funny about hobby lobby, can you believe I have never been in one, we don't have one in town, and that might be a good thing.

Love your inspirational Sunday post too about the baseball too. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

Mindie Hilton said...

PS, I am going to share this post on facebook now.

Jill said...

I Love this picture Terri. Mary Poppins is one of my favourite movies still! I watched it just the other week with my girls - who love it too!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

hannahw said...

Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies! Sweet project! My Making Monday Marvelous project is here: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-tuesday-cottontail-cape.html

cynthia said...

I can't tell you how many times I have seen Mary Poppins either! Much to the dismay of my non-Disney loving BF. haha This print is ADORABLE! Nice job. :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

the sentiment makes me smile - great job!

marissa said...

I love this, such a cute idea. I hope you'll stop by and add this and any other posts you're proud of to my Wednesday What We Wore and Made Link party

marissa
http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Ruby's said...

This is done beautifully. Visited from A bowl full of lemons.
http://fuchsiavision.blogspot.com/

Shannon said...

I love this--I love Mary Poppins and used to watch it every day with my 15 month old while I was on bedrest with my daughter!! I need one of these in my playroom!!

Shannon@SewSweetCottage

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I love incorporating things that are meaningful into decor and your Mary Poppins piece is perfect. I had to laugh about the parking space because Michaels should do the exact same for me!

Kadie said...

I love it!! I too was a little sad when you said you tore it out of the music book. But it will be nice to have it where you can see it more often. Thank you for partying with us.:)

Mindie Hilton said...

Featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time!

Printabelle said...

Nice work! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=3717 Thanks!

Six Sisters said...

So cute. It brings back a lot of happy memories!! We are so happy that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday" and we hope you see you back next week!! -The Sisters