Friday, June 1, 2012

Our Disney Shirts

I know you're probably getting sick of hearing about our trip to Disney World, but I just have to show you the shirts I made for all of us. I have to start by saying, the only thing that would have made this trip more perfect was if Krissi and the girls had been with us. We took Krissi and her family a couple of years ago and this year was Josh's turn with his family. We're done doing that. From now on, we will all go at one time!

Brandon is the lucky one right now. He's the youngest and the "baby" and not married (yet!) and gets to always come along. He's dating the sweetest little girl right now, Christina, and we loved having her with us this year!



I wanted us to all wear matching shirts when we went to Magic Kingdom.



For the girls' shirts, I appliqued Mickey on the front in the middle. For the guys, I used a smaller one and appliqued it on the shoulder.



For the back, I appliqued WFV (Weems Family Vacation) that I cut out using Waltograph font on my Cameo. Then I numbered everyone's shirt from the oldest to the youngest (using the same font).

Okay, now I'll confess. I'm actually 8 months older than Greg, but I went ahead and "let" him be #1.






We got so many compliments and people were constantly stopping us and asking where we got the shirts and of course, what WFV stood for.

We all decided that on our next trip, I need to make more shirts in different colors for us to where every time we go to a park. It was so much easier keeping track of everyone when we all had the same color shirts. Most importantly, it kept people from trying to cut in between us when we were all in the long lines together!



There's Brandon and Christina, aka #5 & 6.



You deserve a Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treat if you can find Jace and me in that picture!
Little Jace is the blond hair you see in the middle of the second row. I'm the blonde hair hiding in Greg's armpit in the back row. And no, I don't have a bib on, that's my visor around my neck!

Happy Friday!

I link to these fabulous parties each week.

 
Pin It

18 comments:

Ashley Culp said...

Love the shirts! We get Disney Shirts made every year for our Annual Disney Trip! :)

mypollitos said...

Terri- I absolutely LOVE the shirts. So super cute. I must get a Cameo. ;-)

Welcome back!!

Abrazos,
Sapphire

Rebecca @ Herons Crafts said...

These look so good! Great idea for sticking together in the parks!

BellaVida Letty said...

I love the Disney parks. Nice shirts!

Epic said...

Love the shirts, they're awesome!!! Coming by to visit from the Finding New Friends blog hop.
Cheers,
Char
http://1epicmom.com

Heather said...

Love it. I could never get my husband to go along with something like this.

Jill said...

Fabulous shirts Terri! Looks like you had an awesome time! I'm so jealous!!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Recipes We Love said...

Your shirts turned out really cute! I am trying to talk my hubby in to a trip to Disney with our kiddos. He never went as a kid so he doesn't get how fun it is to go as a kid or adult!

Cari and Cortnee @ Two Sasters said...

The shirts came out GREAT!!! When we last went, I did the same thing. It is great to have everyone in matching clothes:)

Marcie said...

This is too fun! I would love if you would share this on my linky party! http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
Thanks,
Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

Connie said...

Wow! Love this, please share it! Link it up with me on my Wow Us Wednesday, ok? Over at www.familyhomeandlife.com

Julie said...

I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/06/show-your-stuff-27.html

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I have loved all of your Disney ideas but I think this is my absolute favorite!

Emily said...

Whenever we go, I'm so making some kind of Disney shirt. These are in the running!

AmieAnn said...

These are Fantastic! I am sooo making these the next family trip we take to Disney. What a great way to be able to find everyone and I just adore that everyone gets a number! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

AmieAnn said...

These are Fantastic! I am sooo making these the next family trip we take to Disney. What a great way to be able to find everyone and I just adore that everyone gets a number! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Kadie said...

First the photo at the end is awesome!! I LOVE these shirts!! They all turned out so cute and very professional looking. {no wonder people were asking where you got them} I like to put our family in the same colored shirts when we are at super crowded places too.:) Thanks for partying with us.:)

Six Sisters said...

Oh my gosh! Cute! We're heading that way soon with our ENTIRE family, and we are TOTALLY doing this! Love it! Thanks for sharing on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you next week! -The Sisters