Friday, June 29, 2012

Sunflower Washer Necklace

Tell the truth, you all knew at some point a sunflower necklace idea was going to pop out of my head, didn't you?



This has to be my all time favorite! (How many times have I said that?)



When we were in Florida, I found those necklaces. I saw washers.



I had to show this picture because that's what my family does to me when we're out and I stop to take a picture of something I know I can make. Look at Brandon who walked away, but is looking back because he can't believe his mom is actually doing that! Love you, Brandon!



Where were we? Oh yeah, I had that sunflower paper and cut it to the size of the washers I used.




Mod-podged the paper on and added Dimensional Magic.



And wired everything together. I know I've told you before, but I always glue the washers down where I want them before I start wrapping the wire. It makes it so much easier.



I'm working on a bigger necklace that's more like the ones in the picture, but for now, this little guy is making me happy!


Just when I was so proud of myself for getting inspiration for making something from a gift shop at Disney World, I found this on Pinterest from Ronnie's Little Buds & Petals Homemade Gifts.
It must be true, great minds think alike!


Happy Friday!


These are the parties I join each week.


Pin It

19 comments:

Debby said...

I loke how you added the paper. I just took a Steampunk jewelry class this week. They gave us tons of things to take home. I can't wait to spread it all out and start creating. I will definetly be trying some of your good ideas.

Crystal said...

Very cute and creative! You know I have to laugh at the fact that your family is embarrassed when you take your photos. With me, my husband laughs and sometimes is embarrassed becaue I just take pics of odd things, like birds that look weird or an oil spot on the sidewalk, etc. Creativity happens every where! :-)

Angie@slipcoveredgrey said...

Terri,
This is darling! I love flowers especially jewelry with flowers! This sunflower is awesome. Very clever!

I thought it looked like you were either at a zoo or amusement park... I would pick Disney over a zoo any day!

Melissa said...

That looks so you! I saw the pic in my blog list, and knew it HAD to be yours before I even clicked on it!

Jill said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this necklace Terri! What a difference the mod podged paper makes! Fabulous!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Mama Jodi said...

These are beautiful. What a fun idea!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

What a lovely necklace! Looks great, Terri!

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

You and your washer necklaces! Love it!

Gina Baker said...

Love it! My favorit bracelet that I have is made out of bike chain parts!

Rogene Robbins said...

I love that! Now I have to dig throw the "tool drawer" (more like junk drawer) looking for washers.

MysticMandy said...

I live this so much! It looks beautiful :)

Pam Jackson said...

Great job...I love working with washers.

Jessi W said...

That necklace is so cute and creative! I love it! I'd be thrilled if you want to share this at my current link party! http://practicallyfunctional.net/2012/07/the-fun-in-functional-link-party-6/

Artsy VaVa said...

I love your washer necklace! Pinning.

Katherines Corner said...

Terri this sunflower necklace is wonderful! Hopping over from Sassy sites xo

themodernausten said...

This is so wonderful! I love it! I can't wait to try something similar. Thanks for sharing :)

Marissa @ http://themodernausten.wordpress.com

Rudraksha said...

Great post!! very informative.
Thank you very much for such a lovely and informative post.
Navratan

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

'LLLOVE THIS NECKLACE! -Marci

Ming Zhang said...

Chinese style elements are now arriving and eager to further themselves in to the world's Chinese Products. Applying Chinese embroidery, binding, knotted button, silk spinning in to the patterns of clothes will become a new fashion trend in 2011.