Monday, July 2, 2012

4th of July Bunting

First of all, who besides me can't believe it's July already?!



It hit me yesterday that the 4th was only 3 (now 2) days away and I'm not ready for the annual huge party that goes on at our house that day! I've never made a bunting before, but thought I would give it a try.



I cut nine triangles out with the fold at the top.



I ironed on interfacing to one side to stabilize it more.



I layed the jute to the inside and pinned them. I spaced them about 6" apart.



Then sew straight across the top and zig-zag the two edges. I used a zipper foot when I sewed the top so that I was able to get as close as possible to the jute.



They stay in place and don't slide.



I made it extra long because I'm still not sure where it will hang, yet.


 
Wish I could stay and chat more, but I've got a lot to get done it two days!

 

Pin It

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Terri, I love it! I also love that fabric :)

I made my 4th of July bunting this year out of burlap. Something different but it turned out cute!

Cranberry Morning said...

Very pretty, Terri! Hurry hurry hurry. :-)

Yeah, it kinda sneaked up on me this year too!