Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Best Dill Pickles...Ever!

They really, really, are!



My mom would make these every year with the cucumbers from her garden.
Don't panic and think you're going to have to know how to can, I don't, and I can make these!



The one thing that seems to keep growing in this hot weather is the cucumbers. Greg came home with this big box the other day. Yeah, I know, there's a couple of yellow squash in there. They were fried and eaten that night.



I always peel my cucumbers, but I hear you don't have to. I've never tried it without peeling. You slice up the cucumbers and pack them in jars with 1 dill weed and 2 cloves of garlic.



Boil 3 cups water, 2 cups vineger, and 1/4 cup pickling salt. When it comes to a full boil, pour it in the jars and seal. I leave them on the counter until you hear the lid pop (then you know it's sealed tight) and then put them in the refrigerator.



I'm pretty sure these are called Refrigerator Dills, all I know is they are delicious! The minute we take a jar out and open it, it's gone. The kids love them!

Guess what I'm doing today? Here's a hint: I've got two more big boxes of cucumbers sitting in the kitchen staring at me!

Today is the last day to enter the giveaway. Have you entered, yet?


Pin It

5 comments:

Mohala Johnson said...

This sounds delicious! I love pickles and I just got a few cucumbers from a friends garden, looks like I have a new project. lol

Cranberry Morning said...

Lucky you! hehe. But when you get done, there's nothing like the great feeling you get when seeing those beautiful jars of pickles. :-)

Ginger Zuck said...

They sure look good. I love cucumbers!! anyway you fix them!

Terry said...

Awesome. I don't really can much (at all, lol) so this is the perfect recipe for me to use of the little cucs in our garden.

Poppy said...

Now I know what to do with the cucumbers from my garden, they are growing like crazy this year:)Your recipe looks and sounds delish and is so easy, gotta try! Thanks for sharing, Terri.Hugs,Poppy