Monday, July 23, 2012

Mega Craft Fail!!

Sometimes I have the greatest ideas in my head...



and they turn out like that! What the...??



It all started when Hobby Lobby had their canvas on sale for 50% off and



I found a huge bag of crayons at a garage sale for a quarter.



I started this disaster by gluing the crayons to the top of the canvas.



I cut a sunflower shape out of vinyl using my Cameo and stuck it on the canvas. Then I took a hair dryer and started melting the crayons.



Well, that worked well. Said with all the sarcasm I can muster up.



I tried to save it by adding all the jute (because I hate losing). It didn't help much, but I'm hoping when I get it on the wall in my craft room with everything hanging with it, you won't notice what a mess it is.


Happy "just keeping it real" Monday!

8 comments:

Terry said...

Oh don't you hate that! All of the supplies and effort down the drain. I think it turned out better than you think but I wonder why the crayons didn't melt right? Weird. Ah well - thanks for keeping it real. :)

Bonnie said...

I actually like it. I don't think it's a fail. But I do think the jute was a saving grace.

Agy said...

It looks lovely! Hmmm... maybe the crayons weren't crayons? :-)

Baye said...

great idea--just needs some tweaking. You'll come up with the answers as always.

Smallgood said...

I appreciate you sharing because I have had more than one Pinterest craft fail. Makes me wonder and doubt a lot of what I see on there.

Robin said...

Well, I love it!!!! Maybe it is the type of crayons that you used....but I still think that it looks great! Thanks for sharing.
http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/2012/07/this-was-cute-little-box-from-ctmh-that.html

Crafty Zoo said...

I am going to have to disagree with ya. I think it's cute. It looks rustic. I say it's a keeper. :D

Andaira said...

Bueno, pues yo lo encuentro muy original!!!!! y además hecho por uno mismo!!!!! Me gusta!!!!