Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Quick & Easy Luau Necklace

My two favorite things...



quick and easy!
I started to make Jordyn washer necklaces for her to give the girls at her birthday party, but as usual, changed my mind.



While I was searching for "beachy" paper to cover the washers with, I found that paper and decided it was too cute and would work perfect on something besides a washer.



I had a package of wooden nickels so I painted them blue.



I cut out the palm trees and flip flops and mod-podged them to the disc.



Use E-6000 glue and add the bail to the back. Because so many people ask me, I get my bails at Hobby Lobby. I've found these round ones work the best.



Add a cord and bead and it's finished. These are perfect for little party gifts, they hardly cost anything to make. Oh so cute! And the necklace isn't half bad either!


Pin It

2 comments:

Terry said...

lol - very cute on both counts.

Cranberry Morning said...

Terri, you have the luckiest grandkids ever!! I can't get over all the cute ideas you come up with. This is really sweet. Love the flip flops!