Friday, August 3, 2012

Freezer Paper Stenciled T-Shirt and the Most Fun Game Ever!

How was that for a long title of a post?

 I know I've said it before, but this is my favorite thing of all that I have made (and I really mean it this time)! Not because it looks so good or turned out so great, but because of all the fun it gave!



I have tons of freezer paper that I use for appliqueing, but I had never tried stenciling with it. When Jennifer talked to me about wanting t-shirts for all the girls at Jordyn's party, I though it might be a good idea to try it.



I used my Cameo and cut the words out on freezer paper. I was a little worried, but as you can see, it cut perfectly. I ironed the freezer paper to the shirt with the shiny side down.



I used 2 parts of paint to 1 part of Textile Medium.



Then just paint it on. When it's dry, pull the freezer paper off. The one hint I have for you is to be sure to iron all the parts of the freezer paper, not just the edges. Oh, and be sure to save your little parts after you cut the stencil out. Like the middle of the O and R and D..., you need to iron those on, also.



It's done and looks all neat and folded, right? Wrong. It's frozen! Jennifer had a game at the party where she froze all the shirts and the girls had to get them "unfroze" and put them on to win.


Let the fun begin!!







See Jordyn standing way over there on the side of the house? That's because her Papa told her to go and put the shirt in the water on the water slide!



Yep, we all did!







This really is harder than it looks, but...



so much fun!

 Here's the funny part, it was 105 degrees that day and those little girls are shivering!

Happy Friday!

Pin It


I link to these parties every week.

10 comments:

Diane said...

Great project! Simple and versitile! Found you on the friday blog hop and will be following! Thanks for the inspiration
Diane
treasuringgrace.blogspot.com
Allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com

Mary-Sweetwater Style said...

Oh...I have to try this soon! The stenciling...my 30 year old kids probably would not play the game LOL! I pinned it too!

Jill said...

Great stencilling Terri - but that game is just brilliant!! I'm pinning it and we're going to play it this summer for sure!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

I haven't done the freezer paper thing yet, but now I am very motivated to get something DONE! ;-) Those shirts turned out so well. Great party pictures! -Marci

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

I haven't done the freezer paper thing yet, but now I am very motivated to get something DONE! ;-) Those shirts turned out so well. Great party pictures! -Marci

AmieAnn said...

These are sooo cute! What a great party favor! Love your sweet matching shirts!
Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo party~
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

What a fun idea and the shirts turned out so cute!

Sara said...

The best part was when they got the shirts all wet and then put them on! I can just hear all those little girls giggling away:)

Great idea!

Tami {Curb Alert!} said...

Super cute! Everyone loves a LUAU!
Thank you so much for linking up to last week's Friday Block Party at Curb Alert! I would love for you to link up again this week. The party is up and running, hope to see you there! http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/08/sneak-peek-at-my-week-friday-block.html
TGIF ~ Tami

Amarjeet Prasad said...

I love your blog...


womens henley shirts
banded mens shirts