Friday, August 31, 2012

Just Beachy


So you know how you get a wild hair one day and decide to clean out all the kitchen cabinets and you find that you actually have 6 little wooden cutting boards? Then right in the middle of everything you stop what you're doing and go up to the craft room with them instead of just throwing them out?


 
Yep, that would be me. Oh, and then your husband comes home from work and finds the whole kitchen unpacked and you tell him you've been slaving in there all day. Yep, did that too!
 
 
 
I couldn't bring myself to throwing away perfectly good pieces of wood.
 
 
 
I took one and painted it first and then mod-podged sand scrapbook paper to it.
 
 
 
I just love those barefoot wine corks that a friend saves for me so I glued them around the edge and added the Scrabble tiles.
 
 
 
To hang it, I glued jute to the back. Cheapo way, but it works!
 
 
 
 
 
One last little reminder of our great summer we had!
 
Have an awesome weekend!
 
Pin It

I join These parties every week.

13 comments:

Tami {Curb Alert!} said...

Very cute Terri. Another high five from me! The Curb Alert! Block Party link is up again today and through the weekend. I would love it if you joined us again! http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/08/friday-block-party-15.html
Have a great weekend!
Tami @ Curb Alert!

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Such a cute idea. It looks fabulous. Hugs, Cindy

Jeannine said...

Too cute! How very ironic that I clicked on your post with one hand, while holding a glass of Barefoot Moscato in the other. LOL

Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

Jill said...

Just fabulous Terri!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Artsy VaVa said...

That's so cute! Such a great idea.

The Thrifty Challenge said...

Oh that looks excellent. scrabble pieces are just the best. A great little sign!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

That is so cute! Megan

Karen at Bargain-ista.com said...

This is adorable! Love the Barefoot corks! Guess I am going to have to start drinking wine so I can make one ;)

healthymommyhealthybaby said...

What a great way to use those Barefoot corks! I love their wine too ;) Stopping by viz Shine of Fridays, care to join my hop too? http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/09/sweet-saturday-19-my-lily-is-growing-up.html I hope to see you there, have a lovely weekend :)))

http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com/ said...

Great idea with the corks and scrabble tiles! I am a follower of your blog and would love if you could pop over to my new blog http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com/ and share the blog love!

Michele said...

That would be super cute anyway, but the barefoot corks add the finishing touch to your project. So cool.

Beth Mcgwire said...

Oh so cute! What a great idea. I know! What is it about getting rid of perfectly useful items that makes it so hard. You found a great use for that wood. Thanks for sharing.

Tuula @ The Thrifty Rebel said...

I love this! What a great reuse! Found you through 504 Main linky party and am a new follower through GFC. Looking forward to seeing future projects. Would love it if you would share the blog love and follow back. Have a great week!