Friday, August 17, 2012

Magnetic Perpetual Calendar

I've been wanting to make one of these for a long time. When Krissi wanted a school calendar like I made her last year (Here), I thought it would be the perfect time to try it.



It's a cookie sheet calendar. I've been saving old playing cards for numbers to make mine. To tell the truth, I'm glad I got to try it out before I cut up all the treasures I've been hunting for at antique malls!



I took a cookie sheet and spray painted it with Rustoleum in pink. I found scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby that was a calendar and trimmed it to fit. I mod-podged it on.



I took duct tape and went around the edges. The curves were kind of tricky, but if you work with small pieces of tape, it works out.



I found that weekly dry erase board at the Dollar Store. Because it was for Krissi at school, I cut the Sunday & Saturday off. The good thing was, it already had magnets on the back.



For the dates and month, I painted craft sticks and wooden nickels. I mod-podged a black circle to the dates and then added vinyl for the numbers and letters on both. Those hearts are actually stickers I had and thought they made a cute touch.



The extra month's and dates are stored on the back.



Now when I do mine for here at home, I'll add ribbon or jute to hang it. Because this was going on a wall at a school, they don't like as many nail holes in their walls as I do. Hence, the Command Strips.



I can't wait to get started on the rustic one for me. I'll show it to you as soon as it's finished, probably a year from now. Just keeping it real here.

Happy Friday!


Pin It


Here are the places I party each week. 

16 comments:

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

So clever! AND adorable! Love the colors you chose!

Shannon @ MoonlightingMama.com said...

What a great idea! I might have to make one for my daughter's room; it would be her very first calendar. Love your colors and the whole board. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tanyia said...

it turned out great!

Dani - Diane - ATA Girls said...

Love it - what a great idea. Can't wait to make one. Joining from the Friday Blog Hop - Stop by and visit http://allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com/

kikistok said...

I LOVE THIS!! i whould love if you visited my blog. oneofakind-kikistok.blogspot.com

Debt Free Mommy said...

It's party time over at Debt Free Mommy Blog and you're invited! Please come by and link up any post(s) related to making your home a better space. I hope you'll join us for Making Space Mondays. Hope to see you there! -Tabitha

Michelle said...

wow thats really neat

The Jammie Girl said...

This is so clever! I need to do something similar for my son. Also, it gives me an excuse to go to Hobby Lobby ;)

Ag.perdew said...

Aww I love magnet boards. Yours came out awesome. I have plans to make one in the future so it is always great to see more ideas. Coming over VIA Look What I Made! Link Party. Have an awesome day! I am following your GFC...you can find me at www.onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Great idea! Thank you for posting on Handyman, Crafty Woman's Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

That is so adorable! Love the colors. Megan

Katie Drane said...

I'm so glad that I'm following you! I LOVE this calendar idea. Thanks so much for sharing on the Lil Luna link party!

Katie
www.funhomethings.com

Jill said...

LOVE IT Terri!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sarah Evans said...

What a clever idea!! It looks really good too.

Sarah
http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

What a great idea and very "green" since you can use it over and over. Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House.

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

Thanks for linking up to last week's Tuesday Confessional link party! Your post has been featured so head on over and grab a brag button!
http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2012/08/tuesday-confessional-features_26.html
~Macy