Friday, August 10, 2012

Olympic Washer Necklace

I'm guessing by now you all know I have a little obsession with washers. I love thinking up new things to do with them. Like Here or Here or Here ... Okay, you get the idea.

I hadn't made anything to celebrate the Olympics, yet, so what did I turn to (of course)...



That's right, good ol' washers!



I'm either getting old or losing my mind (or maybe both!), but I could have sworn I took pictures along the way, but that one is the only one I could find. That was taken after I mod-podged the paper on, added Dimensional Magic, and glued them together with E-6000.

If you want to see a full tutorial, you can go Here.



I still wrapped the wire after it was glued. The glue just helps hold it while you're messing with the wire.



Now that I've officially supported those great athlete's, I can go back to watching them!

Happy Friday!

 
Pin It


I link to These parties each week.

9 comments:

Rose said...

Hi I'm a new follower from Friday Follow... Would love for you to come by and visit and follow back Tips 4 Saving . Keep in Touch!

Tami {Curb Alert!} said...

Cute idea Terri. Love the way it turned out. Would love to invite you to link up and share over at Curb Alert's! Friday Block Party. Hope to see you there! http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/08/friday-block-party-13-come-join-us.html
Tami @ Curb Alert!

Cranberry Morning said...

That is the cutest thing! Love it! Did you see the photo some guy took of the olympic rings under Tower Bridge and the full moon right below them, like a sixth ring? It was so cool! I wonder how many people got that shot.

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

So cute! I love washers too and just posted a washer initial I made for my nephew. Following you now.

Jill said...

Brilliant necklace Terri!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

This is so awesome! I wish I would have thought of this before the Olympics, next time right? :)

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

Great idea about the cardstock and Dimensional magic! Patsy from
HeARTworks and
papemelroti

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

How cool is that?! I love the washer idea! Thank you! -Marci

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

So perfect for the Olympics. And the finish looks like enamel!