Monday, August 20, 2012

You're So Vain. I bet you think this post is about you, don't you?


Two things:

First, you're not so vain, I am. This post is about me.

Second, I know I'm showing my age, but please tell me I'm not the only one who's going to be singing that song in my head all day!



I had to make this necklace. I didn't have a choice.



You see, I had those business cards and that one little corner of the card kept screaming at me to make a necklace out of it every time I looked at it. I know, kind of scary, huh?



I gave in and cut it out one day and mod-podged it in that little frame I found at Hobby Lobby.



Then added Dimensional Magic. I finally discovered the secret to no bubbles when you're using it, don't pick the tube up as you're applying it. Once you turn the bottle upside down and it starts coming out, keep the nozzle down until you have the thickness you want. I may have just jinxed myself, but it seems to work perfect every time.



I absolutely love it! Sometimes it pays to listen to those little voices in my head!


Pin It

5 comments:

Baye said...

It's perfect--but then I love all your necklaces. Love the ones I got from you especially. They kick the jeans and tees up a notch.

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Love the necklace.. Hugs, Cindy

Peggy said...

Carly Simon would be proud! Love the necklace and now I am going to bed singing the song.....LOL
Peggy

Al@PolkaDotsandPaisley said...

Love the necklace and I'm sure I'll be singing the song all day.

Terri D. said...

I love this, too! Thanks for sharing!