Friday, September 7, 2012

American Girl Doll Tutu


Jordyn told me probably 3 months ago that one of her AG dolls needed a tutu. Then she reminded me a couple of weeks ago that I still hadn't even started it. Okay, bring on the tulle.


 
And cross this little project off the list.
 
 
 
I found a onesie at a garage sale and started pinning away to make it fit.
 
 
 
Then sewed it up.
 
 
 
Now for the tutu. Take elastic and sew it together (the size of the waist). Then I cut strips of tulle. I'm thinking mine were about 9". Fold the strip in half and put the folded end under the elastic and bring the two ends up over the elastic and through the loop.
 
 
 
Grab a Snickers and a Diet Coke. It takes awhile to get all the way around the elastic!
 
 
 
 
 
The best part? I can now tell Jordyn the tutu is finished!
 
Happy Friday!
 
Pin It

I participate in These parties each week.

11 comments:

Daisy Chain Mom said...

What a great project and virtually no sewing...Thats the best part!

Jill said...

Very cute - and nice and simple too!!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

K Coake said...

How cute! I have two girls who I'm guessing would like one of these. Thanks for the idea.

Parkland Parish said...

This is the cutest thing! My daughter loves tutus and I don't know why this never occured to me. Thanks so much for sharing this!! I'm a new follower from Making Monday's Marvolous. It would be great if you'd follow me back at http://parklandparish.blogspot.com/2012/09/quick-gifts.html

Ana Lopes said...

Hi Terri,
So sweet and simple.Thanks for sharing.I love dolls.
Have a look at my blog I’ll be so glad.

Hugs from Portugal
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

AmieAnn said...

This is sooo stinking adorable! Don't know why I didn't think of it for my little lovie! Better get working on one!
thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo party!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

Kirstin @ Hello Kirsti said...

Adorable Tutu! Great idea to refashion a onesie as a leotard, my own attempts at a Lycra one have been difficult!

Jen said...

I love this as a doll tutu. So easy I think my daughter could make it herself :o)

Bonny Yokeley said...

I found you from So You Think You Are Crafty's linky party. This is so cute yet so simple. I've been wanting to make some clothes for my daughter's favorite doll, and I never thought to start with an old baby onesie.

Bonny @ thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

Who doesnt love an easy tutorial like this?! Thanks for sharing. Im visiting from the Sew Darn Crafty linkup.

Mariel said...

Great tutorial! I've had fun looking around your blog. I would love to have you stop by 'Or so she says...' and share 'Your Great Idea' in the weekly link-up. Each week the two favorite links get shared on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and again on the blog...reaching over 13,000 readers. I hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com