Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Button Wall Hanging


I've got a little problem about throwing things away. I know, most some people might call it hoarding, but...


 
look, if I threw stuff away, I wouldn't have that cute little button pumpkin.
 
 
 
When I dug out all the Fall decorations, I had that metal pumpkin that I hung outside last year and it was really faded. I took a permanent marker and tried to go over the letters, but after I was finished, it looked like someone had drawn on it with marker.
 
 
 
Instead of pitching it, I glued buttons all over it.
 
 
 
I used Aleens Fast Grip Tacky Glue and it worked like a charm.
 
 
 
Little Pumpkin, you've survived one more year!
 
 
Pin It

6 comments:

Elisia allen said...

I just love your blog!!!!! You are on my reading list and I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award on my blog!!!!
Here's the link:

http://craftyhousemom.blogspot.com/2012/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

Baye said...

Always looking for lovely ways to use my hoard...or, rather, stash of buttons! This is a great idea!

Delaney said...

Super cute!

Tuula @ The Thrifty Rebel said...

So cute! Love that you changed it up instead of getting rid of it. It looks great!

Agy said...

I think that for us crafters, it is not hoarding at all. We are just saving them up until inspiration hits us to make something beautiful & useful out of them (ie your lovely button pumpkin!). Unfortunately, my hubby calls me hoarder! :-p

Kathy Moody said...

Oh, so cute and creative! I love it. You did a great job. :)