Monday, September 10, 2012

Hobby Lobby Knock-Off Box


Normally, I just buy the cute things I find at Hobby Lobby when they hit the clearance aisle. But I was there the other day and passed by this


 
and it wasn't on sale and I wanted something like it now!
 
 
 
Yeah, I know, my letters aren't fat enough. But the person I'm giving it to, doesn't know that and it will work.
 
 
 
I had the little box at home, so I painted it white first and then black.
 
 
 
I cut the stencils out of contact paper with my Cameo, stuck them on, and painted away.
 
Okay, now I need your help with something. When you do the mod-podge trick with stenciling, where do you put the mod-podge? Around the edges of the stencil? It's supposed to keep the paint from seeping, but I'm still not sure where to apply it. Anybody know?
 
 
 
After it was all dried, I removed the stencils and sanded the whole thing a little.
 
 
Tomorrow is the last day of the MyMemories Suite Digital Software Giveaway, if you haven't already, be sure to hop over and enter.
 
Pin It

4 comments:

james atel said...

its such a nice & Awesum blog provide info
hope more people discover your blog because you really know what you’re talking about. Can’t wait to read more from you!
for more plz visit
free debt advice for debt settlement plan

Cranberry Morning said...

I haven't been in blogland for so long, but I knew I'd find you here, Terri, doing something fantastic as usual! Love the box. Nice work. :-)

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Great... job.. I think putting your spin on it makes it even more perfect. Hugs, Cindy

Rosie said...

wow! awesome job

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com